1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:31 PM

For Future Reference.....

Not a big poster here (an understatement....I actually got to this post from a link from another forum) but, for future reference....

If the gun was paid for with a credit card, it might be worth asking your credit card company if there is a accidental loss or damage policy.

Typically, gold visa and gold amex cover such things for a 90 day period. And, yes, I verified with AMEX that the policy covers guns. Dont know about visa, though.

Anyway, I was very glad to see that your situation turned out for the best.

BTW - if you did pay with a cc, give your cc a call. You might me pleasantly surprised with a check to reimburse you for ALL the costs.

Take care.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 PM

indetrucks, congrats on your Mil-Spec. I am jealous though. I emailed Springfield 2 days before you did and I just finally got my RA # yesterday. I couldn't send them the gun today since they told me there is no one to receive it on Saturdays.

My Mil-Spec doesn't have the same problems as yours, mine is a jam-o-matic after 1K rounds. Double live feeds with OEM mag and failure to go into battery with different mags.

Maybe I pissed Springfield off when I told them I have to use my Colt 1991A1 in competition since the Mil-Spec I bought isn't reliable...

Anyways, post how it shoots and functions.

Last edited by vaquero; 06-29-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

Thanks, photos are Message 202 on Page 9 (on my end, anyway).

-- Chuck

Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
Maybe I pissed Springfield off when I told them I have to use my Colt 1991A1 in competition since the Mil-Spec I bought isn't reliable...

Anyways, post how it shoots and functions.
I'll venture to say it makes Springfield feel good that you use (until now) their Milspec over a Colt for competition purposes... no one likes being second fiddle...especially a colt. Maybe they will turn it out faster! LOL
NRA Life Member
Old 06-30-2007, 07:28 PM

And this is precisely why we love and continue to buy Springfields.

This one os definately a keeper with a cool story behind it.

Springfield ROCKS!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Long thread to read in one setting, but congrats, I had a couple issues with a mag on my XD, I sent it back and had a new one with in a week.

Another dedicated Springfield owner
Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Just read throught this entire thread! Wow! Can't believe that's the same pistol! I had some bad experiences with SA in the past, but this thread almost makes me want to give them a second chance, especially their customer service. Hmmmm...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 AM

Waiting on Range Report.....
Old 07-01-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstores

Waiting on Range Report.....
lol.. I know I know...
In fact, I'm talking ot my wife right now about going to the firing range but she wants to go to the beach..

I went racing yesterday and Friday was pretty much race prep day..

I have this whole coming week off so expect a report within the week
Old 07-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-man
Just read throught this entire thread! Wow! Can't believe that's the same pistol! I had some bad experiences with SA in the past, but this thread almost makes me want to give them a second chance, especially their customer service. Hmmmm...
Xman ... we canadians have a problem with custom fees, if we want to send it back to springfield . It s 200$ for a trip to SA . So dont base ur purchase on customer service and more on the quality of the gun . That s y i bought a TRP full rail , wanted the PRO but the wait was too long .
Old 07-01-2007, 02:06 PM

inde---your priorities need an adjustment. LOL
Old 07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned

I just read the whole thread and SA did an amazing job taking care of you. They only charged 150. and the only clue of it happening is the hammer and I personally would not change it. Someone see's it and says "You have a ding on your hammer, must have dropped it or something", then a smile comes accross your face.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 PM

I would be really surprised if that was just from falling out, my guess is either you were going 120+, or a car ran the case over. Springfield has always impressed me with stories like this, and my last 1911 fromt hem was literally the only flawless 1911 (cosmetically) that I have ever owned.

Last edited by Ugly-Jeep-Truck; 07-03-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Jeep-Truck
... or a car ran the case over.
Or cars and trucks .

Condition Yellow

We remember our friends Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 07-04-2007, 03:28 AM

That was the best thread I've ever read. You should send it to one of the gun rags. I bet they'd pay you at least 150 bucks for it. (With permission from 1911 Forum, of course.)
Old 07-04-2007, 01:45 PM

This thread is linked from the Springfield Blog.

http://springfield-armory.blogspot.com/
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerider
This thread is linked from the Springfield Blog.

http://springfield-armory.blogspot.com/
Didn't know they had a blog
Thanks

Condition Yellow

We remember our friends Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM

Everyone at Springfield who was involved with this project all probobly had the same thought"Darn,that really sucks,and could happen to anyone of us",and the sympathy vote was unanomous.
Also ,the Springfield Custom Shop is one of the most underrated 1911 shops around,when actually very easily in the top 10 of higher volumn custom shops in the country.Shoot,I have read a post or 2 where one of the "Louder than Words"uber smiths had used them for front strap checkering,and had nothing but high praise for the quality and price.Look at their Professional,it ,and quite a few others went through the toughest testing of 1911's EVER done,and came out on top,there were some issues from some of the other shops reguarding the tests,but when the dust settled,it was the Professional on top.
Before the "Springfield Fan Boy " stuff starts,i dont even own
a Springfield,just have a lot of respect for the company,and their increadable Custom Shop.

I am very happy for you everything turned out so great,I think I would toss the backpack in the trash though,it is evil ,to to that to a 1911!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
why should Springfield have to "soak up" the
responsibility for fixing the pistol? If they do it with yours,
how many more will they have to do it with? They already
do a great job standing behind their responsibilities to
the product and the owner of their product. You should
realize that gun ownership is all about individual rights and
responsibilities. It was your responsibility to safeguard and
protect the pistol. It was you who damaged it. Own up
to it, and move on. Buy a new one, and take good care of
it. Live and learn

Amen............ I could not agree more. However, its great for you that Springfield is a great example of what customer service used to be like in America. They are a rare breed today.
Enjoy your Springer.

Keith Richards

Last edited by Nomadz; 07-05-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy sajer
Didn't know they had a blog
Thanks
Well well....that's cool to know...I think your story was just interesting enough for them to take care of you and to also pump up their Custom shop with a feel good story that turned out sweet. Like I said before, this is invaluable advertising...money you couldn't spend on a full page ad with some pretty gun shots....

think about it...some 25 THOUSAND people have viewed this thread...how many thousands have read it in their blog? Priceless advertising and Kudos to Springfield AGAIN!! that's how you take care of a customer and your own company in one action.
NRA Life Member
Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM

I have owned 1911s from all of the under $1000 makers, and Springfield is my favorite. For the price, SA can't be beat. I even used one as a base for my full custom.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 PM

I am glad to hear that Springfield treated you so well. I have three XD's, and my next 1911 will undoubtedly be a SA.

Can't wait to see the range report.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 PM

That story certainly sounded like quite an adventure for you and your GI45. I'm very glad to hear that Springfield Armory treated you so well, and fixed your gun promptly. Reading this has made me even more happy to own my Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 AM

I just read this whole thread, and I hafta say that Springfield really does step up. I had to jump through some hoops to get my EMP repaired, but when it was sent back a 2nd time, they did just that. Since receiving my new EMP, I've been nothing but happy with it. If Springer had offered a 4" railed stainless steel 1911 when I was shopping, I probably would not have gone with my Kimber.

You got lucky, Inde...and if I were you, I'd send a note up to the head of Springfield and tell him/her how impressed/satisfied you have been with everyone who touched your gun. Try to name them individually if you can. Those people deserve a free lunch or something on the boss because this 11 page thread has indeed been some of the best word of mouth publicity he/she could possibly ask for.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:27 AM

I hope he is out shooting today......
Closed Thread