Had a HUGE accident with my 20minute old GI - Page 15 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 AM

I have been watching this forum for sometime because I have been comtemplating the purchase of a 1911. Had a Colt Commander years ago which I carried off duty but sold it. (Which proves you should never never sell a gun) I have been thinking about a Springfield for awhile but this story just sealed the deal. What a great way to treat a customer. I was so impressed I registered just so I could comment. The way most customer service is these days this is a breath of fresh air.

I am glad to see this had a happy ending and it is a safe bet that you will never transport a weapon in that manner again.

I was amazed to see this thread resurrected.

I posted the above on June 27th of last year. Bought a Champion Lightweight Operator and have never looked back, mostly because of Springfield customer service, and I think they make a great 1911.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:33 PM

wow, thread back alive!

The GI is still performing well and I use it as my home protection gun and regular plinker.

SA customer service is spot on and I will always speak highly of them
Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM

I'm happy for you

I'm happy for you

I'm glad it work out

PS use a good holster

enjoy the GI

I love mine

Old 09-24-2008, 08:46 PM

You shouldn't have told us. I wish you hadn't told us now.

NRA Lifetime Member
Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Deng this thread has surfaced again, still a good read and a tribute to SA service and warranty.

Roy

"It has been my experience boys and girls, that most personal problems can be solved with a suitable application of high explosives"
Old 09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Please don't resurrect old threads.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Closed Thread