1911Forum - View Single Post - Issues Standard Remington 1911R1, magazines????
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:06 AM

Setting in magazines springs!!!!!...

Dear Sir:
Thanks for the advice!!!. I am full-filling the two original 7 round magazines supplied by Remington (they are very clean and not oily) and keeping them full-filled overnight and alternatively taking all the ammo from them the next day, doing this till next Friday when I will be with my son at the range again, we will see whats up.
Furthermore we will be trying 3 three GI magazines from my "Sistema Colt Modelo 1927" "pistola" (they fit OK in the Remington R1, I have tried this!!!! at home )
Best Regards
Roberto Renauld

Quote:
Originally Posted by onespeedbiker View Post
I would first try to use the magazines you have. Sometimes these type of FTF are caused by oily magazines that collects burnt powder residue that takes strength away from the spring due to the resistance; your magazines should be clean without any oil or grease; this will allow the spring to work at it's strongest. Many magazines come with oil inside to prevent rusting, but it all needs to be removed. I would take your magazines apart and clean them. If the problem persists, you might want to try some stronger magazine springs.