1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Brent still at Colt?

22K views 133 replies 80 participants last post by  7.62Kolectr 
#1 ·
I hope Brent is still at Colt Mfg. He is one of the best if not the best employee they have. I wish nothing but the best for Brent and the rest of the folks at Colt Mfg.

#9 · (Edited)
Voice Mail, PM and email to Brent resulted in no response. I called customer service and held until I finally got through to Colt. I am chasing a repair order dated 24 plus months ago. While I was visiting about my order, I asked about Brent.....I'll not be expecting any replies from my messages to him.

#15 · (Edited)
To many people, Brent was the face of Colt and many still see him that way. This was the dumbest move ever by Colt. When a company lets one of the few guys who has a finger on the pulse of the industry go, you know that company is screwed up. This is what happens when bean counters hire management that has no idea what end the bullet comes out of. They wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them square in the face.

He was the best boss I ever had and I'm just glad I still have him as a friend.

#19 ·
To many people, Brent was the face of Colt and many still see him that way. This was the dumbest move ever by Colt. When a company lets one of the few guys who has a finger on the pulse of the industry, you know that company is screwed up. This is what happens when bean counters hire management that has no idea what end the bullet comes out of. They wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them square in the face.

He was the best boss I ever had and I'm just glad I still have him as a friend.
^^This x1911.

#21 ·
I posted in the other forum after reading about this that my heart sank. Brent was the face of Colt as EA said. The stupidity of Colt management is unfathomable. I don't know how willing I will be in the near future to buy one of their products keeping this in mind.

#25 ·
I guess all the rumors of Colt laying off people is true........not much we can do with a privately held company. The customer in not their main stakeholder. Since it is a privately held company the focus on whoever the major shareholders are.

Perhaps if they go under again they can emerge under better ownership and leadership for now they are a lost cause and only thing to do is buy what I can that is on the secondary market since I doubt anybody will be sending their deposits in for any custom work........I am dumbfounded, but alas many iconic businesses have gone from the landscape.

#33 · (Edited)
I was just emailing with him a couple of months ago about a problem a friend was having with a .38 Super XSE Commander... He told me he was now in the Custom Shop but to send the gun in and he would expedite it...

This is REALLY a sad day....

Bob

1-16-17 was the last post I had from him...he was at the SHOT Show...

"I am aware of the issue with some 38 barrels I have seen it before. The engineering team is already looking for the root cause. We can fix that for you no problem, make sure you call customer service and get an RMA and shipping label to my attention and tell them we spoke. I am not back at the factory until the 23rd as I am at SHOT."
Brent

#35 ·
Perhaps we could start an email campaign to enlighten the powers that be about our dissatisfaction? I'd be good for a strongly worded email. I Was just thinking about how many new Colts I've bought under Brent's tenure and because I felt comfortable buying them. That totals 10 new guns and $15,500.00 in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.