1911Forum banner
41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think one of her arguments is that they were employing a Covid protocol to minimize personnel numbers in contact with each other and only some people were permitted into that wooden church filming stage. She was not allowed in. Secondly, in my opinion it doesn't mater how you cut the cake, its still is cake, and it was (Smart) Alec Baldwin that made many decisions on that set, including ignoring standard safety protocols (Union crew resigned)
If all that is true, all fingers point to one guilty Baldwin. She should have thrown an absolute hissy fit for not being allowed in.

Alex showed the world what a POS he truly is during his interview, when all he kept coming back to was “how did a live round get on set”.

How about you, Alec, take responsibility for your actions listed above.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Regardless of live ammo being or not being on that set, it’s the Armourers job to ensure that only ”dummy rounds” were loaded into the firearms. That’s the reason she is there.
+1 Right here, folks. The armorer is the fail safe amongst everyone else, as he/she is the supposed expert on set. If Reed had been competent at her job she would have checked, rechecked, then triple checked every firearm and round to be used. Baldwin is an ignorant imbecile for pulling the trigger without ensuring a dummy round was chambered, but Reed is the one who was responsible for that firearm being in proper condition to be used. Essentially she gave him a loaded gun that was reasonably expected to be unloaded.

·
Registered
169 Posts
+1 Right here, folks. The armorer is the fail safe amongst everyone else, as he/she is the supposed expert on set. If Reed had been competent at her job she would have checked, rechecked, then triple checked every firearm and round to be used. Baldwin is an ignorant imbecile for pulling the trigger without ensuring a dummy round was chambered, but Reed is the one who was responsible for that firearm being in proper condition to be used. Essentially she gave him a loaded gun that was reasonably expected to be unloaded.
I agree, and that’s why I think she should’ve thrown an absolute fit for not being allowed in. She should’ve walked off right then and there.

·
Administrator
76,465 Posts
I find it quite telling that the police still have not finished their investigation yet. I think they suspect, as I do that there was some malicious intent involved.

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
^^^
If — just if — someone exercised a malicious intent, it would be really bad for that person to “get off free”.

I‘m not yet thinking this is a more likely (probable) scenario, but I nonetheless believe it is possible.

So definitely good reason for the investigation to fully pursue the possibility.

But regardless… still no “pass” for Baldwin.

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Registered
756 Posts
I dont care what anybody says, baldwin is at least guilty of some sort of manslaughter.
Jail is where he belongs.

Do not point a gun at anything you do not wish to destroy.

Also been paying attention to guns in movies. I have not seen a gun pointed directly at another person. The angles are always off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I remember a training exercise in 1967 where we used blank rounds with our M-14s. We were told not to fire our weapons at anyone at close range as even blank rounds can cause injuries. I apologize for not remembering the exact distance. It appears that conditions on the "Rust" set were chaotic at best.

·
Administrator
76,465 Posts
I always thought they used blanks.
Blank rounds have a primer. Dummy rounds should have a spent primer, epoxy-filled primer pocket, or something else that easily identifies them as inert.

Reactions: Jocko1911

·
Registered
Kimber Custom II (9mm), Colt WC Commander (45ACP), S&W M&P 2.0EZ (.380ACP), Walther PDP (9mm)
195 Posts
Not being in the Hollywood business, I have a question. Why was there any need whatsoever to even load the chamber with dummy rounds? If Baldwin was just practicing drawing from the holster, and the scene did not require the weapon to look like it fired, why even load it with dummy rounds? I'm genuinely curious.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Blank rounds have a primer. Dummy rounds should have a spent primer, epoxy-filled primer pocket, or something else that easily identifies them as inert.
That’s the way I understand it. On top of that, in place of the propellant, there should also be a BB or similar sized steel ball that when the armorer shakes the dummy round, it makes a rattling noise as yet another safety check.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not being in the Hollywood business, I have a question. Why was there any need whatsoever to even load the chamber with dummy rounds? If Baldwin was just practicing drawing from the holster, and the scene did not require the weapon to look like it fired, why even load it with dummy rounds? I'm genuinely curious.
That’s seriously a great question, but you have to consider the party in question: A bunch of incompetent gun hating fools, and look what happened. My bet is that none of them knew there was anything loaded into the cylinder at all, even if they were supposed to be dummy rounds, and certainly none of them were smart enough to check.

Reactions: PolymerMan

·
Registered
26,631 Posts
This is Col. Mustard quality stuff. Rest assured, the truth will come out. But, as we so often see Big $$ can buy a Helluva lawyer who can make gullible jurors into blithering idiots. You can bet money ain't gonna be no NRA members on the jury!!
My money says that a jury never sees this crime, and it will get washed under the bridge.

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Answer is simple.

For a mere rehearsal—cameras weren’t rolling—absolutely no rounds of any kind should have been in that gun. Period.

I could speculate that they were trying to cut corners by preparing the rehearsal as if it were a live “shoot” (not intending a pun here) …and this for the purpose of immediately beginning a live shoot, with no re-setting of props — as soon as the “practice draw” was o.k.’d as satisfactory by the director.

My speculation is probably correct, I.e., they were trying to avoid the cost of re-setting for the filmed scene, but I cannot prove this. The last photo of Ms. Hutchins alive shows the other actors present and in costume…so I think it’s pretty clear they were trying to go directly from rehearsal to live shoot, without any re-set of props. Not a shortcut that would be taken in a big-budget film.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I could speculate that they were trying to cut corners by preparing the rehearsal as if it were a live “shoot”
That’s actually some commendable speculation, considering that:

1. It was a “low budget” film
2. Alec is known to throw his weight around and there is no exception here seeing how he was the executive producer…
i.e. “We’re doing this MY way”
🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
26,631 Posts
Answer is simple.

For a mere rehearsal—cameras weren’t rolling—absolutely no rounds of any kind should have been in that gun. Period.

I could speculate that they were trying to cut corners by preparing the rehearsal as if it were a live “shoot” (not intending a pun here) …and this for the purpose of immediately beginning a live shoot, with no re-setting of props — as soon as the “practice draw” was o.k.’d as satisfactory by the director.

My speculation is probably correct, I.e., they were trying to avoid the cost of re-setting for the filmed scene, but I cannot prove this. The last photo of Ms. Hutchins alive shows the other actors present and in costume…so I think it’s pretty clear they were trying to go directly from rehearsal to live shoot, without any re-set of props. Not a shortcut that would be taken in a big-budget film.
I can buy into this pretty easily. And I find it interesting to note that Mr. Baldwin has gone from "cooperating completely" initially, to all of a sudden being reticent about turning over his cell phone. I think that this is telling in and of itself.

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That’s actually some commendable speculation, considering that:

1. It was a “low budget” film
2. Alec is known to throw his weight around and there is no exception here seeing how he was the executive producer…
i.e. “We’re doing this MY way”
🤔🤔🤔
There’s also legally unproven comments that Baldwin thought his drawing action was o.k., but the Director disagreed…and asked Baldwin to “do it again”. Thus perturbed, Baldwin aimed the gun directly at the Director, kind of a taunt. And Ms, Hutchins was directly in front of the Director…

Can’t be proven, everyone quickly clammed-up, but was off-handedly remarked on set before everyone realized they’d better speak only through attorneys.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There’s also legally unproven comments that Baldwin thought his drawing action was o.k., but the Director disagreed…and asked Baldwin to “do it again”. Thus perturbed, Baldwin aimed the gun directly at the Director, kind of a taunt. And Ms, Hutchins was directly in front of the Director…

Can’t be proven, everyone quickly clammed-up, but was off-handedly remarked on set before everyone realized they’d better speak only through attorneys.
I am familiar with that rumor also. Which wouldn’t surprise me in the least given Alec’s disposition. This also completely dispels his “I didn’t pull the trigger, and the hammer slipped off my thumb” lie, doesn’t it??

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
After all this time why is baldwins phone an issue? Anything suspicious at all would have been deleted a long time ago? The time to have seized it was THAT day. Now who knows so why even bother? I don’t understand?
And yeah what about all the talk of target shooting with live ammo? Was that media speculation and turned out to not be true or what?

41 - 60 of 136 Posts