1911Forum banner
61 - 80 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
After all this time why is baldwins phone an issue? Anything suspicious at all would have been deleted a long time ago? The time to have seized it was THAT day. Now who knows so why even bother? I don’t understand?
And yeah what about all the talk of target shooting with live ammo? Was that media speculation and turned out to not be true or what?
Absolutely agree. Still, one technical matter exists: On most memory devices, “delete” does not actually erase the record itself (image, etc.). It only removes the reference from the directory, and allows the memory space to be re-used (written over) in the future …but typically only after other never-used memory space has been filled.

So most likely, every record on that cell phone still exists, regardless of Baldwin’s (very) possible efforts to delete.

Any efforts to delete would also be evidence of a different sort…

·
Registered
26,631 Posts
After all this time why is baldwins phone an issue? Anything suspicious at all would have been deleted a long time ago? The time to have seized it was THAT day. Now who knows so why even bother? I don’t understand?
And yeah what about all the talk of target shooting with live ammo? Was that media speculation and turned out to not be true or what?
You are perhaps correct about anything suspicious long since having been deleted from his phone. But I am not entirely sure about that. I do not really know that much about it. But I think that perhaps there might be some things, possibly incriminating on that phone that could potentially be lifted from it by a suitably skilled person. As I stated I do not know if this is really the case. But in this set of circumstances I would certainly hope so. Additionally the question arises of why is Mr. Baldwin so reluctant to surrender it?

·
Registered
26,631 Posts
Absolutely agree. Still, one technical matter exists: On most memory devices, “delete” does not actually erase the record itself (image, etc.). It only removes the reference from the directory, and allows the memory space to be re-used (written over) in the future …but typically only after other never-used memory space has been filled.

So most likely, every record on that cell phone still exists, regardless of Baldwin’s efforts to delete.

Any efforts to delete would also be evidence of a different sort…
I suspected as much.

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
^^^
😁😁You wise old seaman.👍👍👍

—-

In the IT world, always remember that “delete” does not equal “erase”.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Anti gun crowd;
Using prop guns to target shoot;
loaded ammo in the room;
gross violation of safety protocols;
everyone blaming every one else;
Gee, just like frivolous antigun legislation…blame the gun not the criminal;
The libs don’t want to be accountable, and avoid at costs to others;
And will blame anyone, anything to pass on responsibility;

Personally, I think Baldwin should be publically bitch slapped, tried and sentenced.
“The facts, sir…JUST the facts”.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I hope Baldwin deleted stuff from his phone, that in itself is a crime. He had to know there would be a criminal investigation, destroying or tampering with evidence would put him in a very bad place in court.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
+1 Right here, folks. The armorer is the fail safe amongst everyone else, as he/she is the supposed expert on set. If Reed had been competent at her job she would have checked, rechecked, then triple checked every firearm and round to be used. Baldwin is an ignorant imbecile for pulling the trigger without ensuring a dummy round was chambered, but Reed is the one who was responsible for that firearm being in proper condition to be used. Essentially she gave him a loaded gun that was reasonably expected to be unloaded.
I strongly disagree - you can't bring all of this stupidity down and blame it all on one person ( I suppose a court feels that it has no choice). A huge number of rules were violated on that set - there's enough irresponsibility to go around and be equally distributed. The people who agreed to huddle around a camera and allow a stupid actor to point an unchecked weapon at them were beyond stupid. The woman who was killed could have stopped the stupidity at any time but did not. None of those people were mature enough to be allowed near firearms for the same exact reason we don't allow children to play with firearms.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Everything that I've read about the so-called armorer, Gutierrez, indicates that she is a ditz, with a lack of experience and a lack of interest in being an armorer and was unprofessional on the set. This including firing off live rounds on the property, apparently for fun. She or someone else had live rounds which she knew about. I have zero doubts that she, along with others in the chain of custody of the weapons were unsafe in their handling of the weapons used. I also have to ask how a firearms armorer cannot tell the difference between fully loaded ammunition and blanks? Especially when they are loading the firearms, supposedly with blanks. The buck stops with the armorer as they are supposed to be the "expert," for which they are hired for their expertise.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
“The introduction of live rounds onto the set, which no one anticipated, combined with the rushed and chaotic atmosphere, created a perfect storm for a safety incident,” the lawsuit states.

Yah, well,... having an Armorer on set, to deal with a " rushed and chaotic atmosphere" is exactly why I would think they are there, and, exactly what they are suppose to deal with,... in a safe, professional manner!!!

Crazy premise for a lawsuit,... in my opinion.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Producer Baldwin probably got into it with director Hutchins at some point and probably has texts on his phone to a third party along the lines of," i could kill that b___h Hutchins".

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
"The buck stops with the armorer as they are supposed to be the "expert" The problem with that logic is that the armorer doesn't get to tell people to stand in front of a person holding a gun and pointing it at them while shooting "blanks". The Director did that. Guns are never ever pointed at people when making films in a professional setting. They are pointed at an "aiming point" - which is usually a mirror that reflects the image to the camera or they are pointed to a remote camera with NOBODY BEHIND IT. A number of stupid people caused this incident to become a needless tragedy. The armorer is only one of those stupid people. People on that set had been complaining loudly for weeks and actual professionals who knew that something very bad was going to happen had walked off the job - but no one listened until someone was killed. Baldwin has no excuse for not knowing better and for not listening to his own people. He is an arrogant ass. The armorer was an irresponsible idiot but she was not the Director and was not in charge of placing people around the scene.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I'd wager that she is probably a diversity hire that never actually handled firearms before having this job. She may have actually thought the supplied ammo was blanks, or wasn't paying close enough attention to notice it on set.

There also begs the question of why the gun was loaded, and who loaded it.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
It does not matter if it was a "prop gun" or a gun loaded with live rounds OR blanks - YOU NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO POINT IT AT ANOTHER PERSON. EVER. This is the rule that was violated and got a person killed. For what should be obvious reasons EVERY GUN IS TREATED AS IF IT WERE LOADED WITH LIVE ROUNDS - NO EXCEPTIONS. EVER.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
It does not matter if it was a "prop gun" or a gun loaded with live rounds OR blanks - YOU NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO POINT IT AT ANOTHER PERSON. EVER. This is the rule that was violated and got a person killed. For what should be obvious reasons EVERY GUN IS TREATED AS IF IT WERE LOADED WITH LIVE ROUNDS - NO EXCEPTIONS. EVER.
!!! ^(y)^ (y)^ (y)^ !!!

Brandon Lee was killed by a blank, on set,.... what more does that industry need to know!!!:mad:

61 - 80 of 136 Posts