1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This R1 is unfired, NIB. I really don't like the way that looks. Am I being too fussy, or should I send it to Remington?

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's normal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The sight is held in by the dovetail, the distance between the sight and slide means you have a taller front sight probably to bring it on target,they sent me their shortest sight N/C but I put the taller one back on to put it back on target

·
Registered
266 Posts
My R1 was shooting low when I got it so Remington sent me a shorter front sight. I never measured the gap difference between the two sights but the shorter front sight seems to have less of a gap and that may be why the current gap doesn't bother me so much.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
You are going to have minor variations in dovetail depth. A production front sight has to be able to go in. When you do a front sight on the Novak pattern that comes back to the rear you have to have some clearance or the sight will not fit. If you want a seamless installation on a dovetail front sight done to very exacting standards by hand, you will pay for that on the gun initially or in the aftermarket. No free lunch.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine is the same....and I was inspecting a new expensive Winchester 1886 rifle the other day..and it had a huge gap between the top of barrel and bottom of front sight blade!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts