1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
75,831 Posts
Not a match barrel. Having said that, I've shot my O1970A1CS right alongside my O1911C (which has a NM barrel) and I'll be damned if I can tell any difference in accuracy.

BTW, regarding your auction if you want to generate more interest (i.e. $$$) you might want to take it out of the plastic baggie for a few pics. You might think it has never been out of the plastic, but it has to have been because both mags are on the outside.

Reactions: TXGR

·
Administrator
75,831 Posts
I've owned many of these Series 70 repros over the years, both blued and stainless. Most I sold off in short order after discovering a host of machining or finishing anomalies. That's why I suggested taking the pistol out of the plastic bag because there are a lot of OCD guys like me who freak out over such things. I never noticed an issue with the plunger tubes on mine, but I did encounter wavy slide edges, areas where the hand polishing ran off into the sandblasted areas, off-center slides causing dust cover contact, and crooked rollmarks. For such beautiful pistols Colt sure went out of their way to screw so many of them up. I finally managed to settle on two blued and one stainless pistol that were about as perfect as the dweebs at Colt could make them, and like my O1918 WW1 replica they're never going to be sold unless I'm down to my last pair of clean underwear.

Reactions: TXGR

·
Administrator
75,831 Posts
Forum rules prevent listing a gun for sale or starting a thread to promote its sale on another site. However we've had so many cases where a member's gun for sale ended up becoming a subject for discussion we've learned to tolerate it, as long as it doesn't sound like you're trying to promote it here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts