1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With potentials starting to fall from the Presidential platform as it starts to shrink and the hot air starts to churn from the "front runners" I hear another "rumor mill" start to squeek and groan as the breezes from them pick up the sails about [shudder] mayor Bloomberg running for the Big Chair in D.C.in '08.
I myself won't vote for him.Nor do I intend to vote for anyone else left in the race.I was going to vote for Thompson,but we see where he's going.
What do we do if Bloomberg does run and hypothetically wins?Just curious.:eek:

G

·
It's a little late for anyone to just jump in. In the next several weeks those in the race that have been trailing from the beginning will start to drop like flies as the opportunity to gather enough votes from the primaries to gain the nomination become an impossibility.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With potentials starting to fall from the Presidential platform as it starts to shrink and the hot air starts to churn from the "front runners" I hear another "rumor mill" start to squeek and groan as the breezes from them pick up the sails about [shudder] mayor Bloomberg running for the Big Chair in D.C.in '08.
I myself won't vote for him.Nor do I intend to vote for anyone else left in the race.I was going to vote for Thompson,but we see where he's going.
What do we do if Bloomberg does run and hypothetically wins?Just curious.:eek:

It's too late and there are too many delegate votes already spoken for in the primaries.

Stop wasting your time worrying.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
What do we do if Bloomberg does run and hypothetically wins?
See, you got it started. Bloomberg for dog catcher!! :rock:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hmmm how about Bloomberg for dog crap catcher?:biglaugh:

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
Bloomberg doesn't have broad enough support to win the presidency, a rich guy with a few pet issues that he would like to foist upon the populace...for the right money though I would advise him to "Go ahead Mike, all of our polling and projections indicate that you could be the next president".
He thinks highly of himself...

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's too late and there are too many delegate votes already spoken for in the primaries.

Stop wasting your time worrying.
It's not too late for him.
You have to be in by either the beginning or the end of March as I understand it.
He doesn't have to worry about the 'delegate' count because he wouldn't be running on the democratic nor the Republican ticket. He'd be running as an independent.
And if he ran, he's got all the money he needs to do it in his back pocket seeing that he's a billionaire.
How would he shake things up? I don't know, but it's not too late for him to find out.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
And if he ran, he's got all the money he needs to do it in his back pocket seeing that he's a billionaire.
And that's exactly how Clinton got elected (the hand-grenade with a haircut, took enough votes to sway the election).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank u gents an' ladies. As I said just curious,enjoy your day.

G

·
Bloomberg would run as an independent so he will not need delegates.
And how has that worked out for the independents in the past? I'll tell you. They spend money and go home with an "L" on their head. In other words it is a waste of space on a paper ballot.

An independent will likely never see the White House, no matter how much money they have to spend.

·
Registered
101 Posts
And how has that worked out for the independents in the past? I'll tell you. They spend money and go home with an "L" on their head. In other words it is a waste of space on a paper ballot.

An independent will likely never see the White House, no matter how much money they have to spend.
We can dream can't we? The 2 party system is broken. Neither party is actually conservative anymore. You either get big government leftists or big government moderates.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts

Very true but they do influence who gets elected.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I have not seen anyone in either so called party front runners that I could cast a vote for. If Bloombergs the independent canidate we are in trouble; it looks like we are down to a one party system. I guess it just proves the gentleman right that said "politics is the largest cesspool in the world".
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts