1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, embarrassment time:

Within moments of authoring a post on my familiarity with my personal firearms (elsewhere on this forum), I finished reassembling my Kimber Pro CDP, whereupon I re-inserted a loaded mag....and pinched the last joint of my gun (right) hand pinkie finger so badly that I've now got a nasty blood blister there (insert colorful cuss words). I'm sure that I'll be laughed at during Saturday's IPSC competition in San Luis Obispo (CA).

Honestly, anyone else done this? I'm only glad none of my shootin' friends saw it...

/TCP

------------------
Measure Twice....Cut Once

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Yep.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yep, tried a fast reload with my SA ultra compact hicap. Good thing everyone at the range had hearing protection in place 'cause "colorful" doesn't begin to covered what I said!

Mac

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm glad to hear that I'm NOT the only one who ever does that! Every once in a while, when giving a mag a push into my S70 Colt, I'll forget to keep my right pinkie away from the sharp corner in front. I still have a mark there from the last time, which goes with the scars on the web of my thumb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've pinched the web of my hand while inserting the magazine. I had to hit the mag release to get my skin out. Big blood blister.

·
Registered
256 Posts
A better question might be has anyone NOT done this?

I also have a pretty bad scar on top of my left thumb acquired when I tried a improper two handed hold which with my first handgun, which was a beat up 1911. Anyone else got one of those?

·
Registered
865 Posts
It could have been worse, you could have showed up at the range with your underwear on the outside

[This message has been edited by fugedaboudit (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by Bob C:
[I also have a pretty bad scar on top of my left thumb acquired when I tried a improper two handed hold which with my first handgun, which was a beat up 1911. Anyone else got one of those?[/B]
Hey Bob - I remember doing that way back when also! I started out (around 1972) shooting revolvers - a Ruger Super Blackhawk as I recall. One of the first 1911s I tried shooting left a very bloody groove right across the first joint of my left thumb when I tried a two-hand hold like I had used on the big Ruger. Haven't done that in a long time. Can't quite prevent the pinkie thing though. Ron

[This message has been edited by RS2 (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sliced my thumb reloading my Benelli at a 3G match once. Gave little squirt of blood to my glasses and face for the next 8 or 9 shots.

A-la Clinton: “Experience gave me “character”’

Yes - they even gave me a band-aid!

------------------
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness never owned a good 1911!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts