1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Its a $295 option shown on LB's website and guaranees that the pistol will shoot 1.5" groups at 50 yds from a rest. Can't remember how many shots are in the group or how LB proves that the pistol complies. Its only available on 5" or 6" bbl models.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Where on the web-site? I've looked everywhere and I can't find the info.

Thanks!

Go to the price sheet which is the last option on the site opening page.

Scroll down to the pistol prices, and at the very bottom of the list of pistols is a statement on the 1.5" capability. It may be mentioned elsewhere on the site, but its there for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the directions, I found the statement. What I'm trying to figure out is, What madifications do they do to the gun vs the standard?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Thanks for the directions, I found the statement. What I'm trying to figure out is, What madifications do they do to the gun vs the standard?
My assumption is, that they handfit the slide. bbl, and bushing so darn tight, its practically one solid piece. My 3" guaranty P II isn't any tighter than the other 1911s which have similar accuracy performance.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
This question has been asked her many times before, and each time that I've personally read the discussion no one has come up with a definite answer. I don't think anyone knows fore sure, other than the folks at LB.

For all we know they might just use a different rest to test shoot them.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have read Les Baer goes through a barrel selection process first. LB has a fixture they mount a barrel on for "proving", then they build the gun around this particular barrel.

It would be difficult to imagine a pistol built much tighter than already do.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I own a TRS with the 1.5" guaranty and my brother owns a TRS with the standard 3" guaranty. I can say for sure that the 1.5" guaranty does not mean a tighter gun, as my 1.5" TRS is not as tight as my brothers 3" TRS. Both shoot one hole at our practice distance of 25' and neither one of us are good enough to test them accurately at 50 yards. The mystery continues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My TRS doesn't have the 1.5 but if I do my part, it makes one ragged hole in the target. I don't think I would ever pay for that option unless I were buying the pistol for marksmanship competition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts