1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a P14-45 w/c I totally enjoy shooting. I'm contemplating about getting some extra mags for my pistol.

Question:

What would be the pro/con of buying mags made by Para Ord w/c costs approx $40.00 as opposed to an after market mag costing half?

I was surfing the cheaperthandirt website, and I'm undecided on w/c mag would offer me the best value.

thanks for your input. i'm a newbie shooter and learning.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have both para and mecgar 10 round mags, they both work, both been abused and neglected and still keep on ticking. given the choice, I'd buy the mecgars over the para any day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by supercomp:
I have both para and mecgar 10 round mags, they both work, both been abused and neglected and still keep on ticking. given the choice, I'd buy the mecgars over the para any day.
I've never had any luck with 10rders at all...I always use high caps without any failure to feed or function.

EDG

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have not used a MecGar mag for Paras, but I have never had a problem with Mec Gars in my other pistols.

I have had to change the mag springs in my Para-Ordnance OEM mags sooner then another of magazines that I have had. Maybe the MecGars have stronger springs!

Derek

·
Registered
92 Posts
MecGars in my LDA 14.45 have a tendency not to retain the slide in an open position following the last round where the PO magazines function without flaw. All are 10 rounders. For target use I find the MecGars work well and save wear and tear on the HiCaps.

------------------
If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about? (Clint Smith)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use Mecgars with great success. I have the nickle plated mags. They're also a lot less expensive than the factory mags.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I 2nd Pete 45, The Mec-Gar will not hold action open after last shot reliably w/ LDA 14-45. Only about 1 in 7 times does it work properly. Funny thing is when the mag is empty and the slide is racked it works 100%. Any suggestions on fixing this would be appreciated. tkg

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've a friend looking for 12.45 LDA 10 rounders as extras... seems he can't get a response from PA.

Anyone have a seller listing? Also, MecGar: if they work well, where can they be found? Prices?

Thanks.
-Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts