1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my factory 10-rd 9mm mags with 10-rd magazines.

Are there any make/model of 10-rd magazines that typically run reliably in a 9mm Loaded model?

Are there any 10-rd make/model that are typically thought to not run well in the 9mm Loaded that I should stay away from?

·
Registered
90 Posts
A friend of mine just went through this with his 9mm loaded. He ended up getting the Dawson mags. He tried several, including Wilson, Tripp and Dawson. The Wilsons run great but are hard to seat when loaded to 10. The Tripps were very difficult to get in, they were hanging up on the mag release (they work great in my S&W), The Dawsons worked perfectly for him.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I have a Loaded Stainless 9mm that I've shot in IDPA for the last 3 years. I use the Wilson Combat ETM's. Be sure and load them up and leave them that way before using them the first time and between your first few matches or range sessions to seat the springs. I would also suggest getting the newer versions with the steel base pads which prevent them from over inserting and hitting the extractor, possibly slowly knocking it out. I didn't have that problem but have read of it happening to others.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use both etm's and dawsons. 10 Wilson etm's and 2 dawsons. Obliviously I like the Wilsons better

jcc7x7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts