1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

As a follow up to my thread re: 10 round 9mm magazines for a Trojan, a few weeks ago I had ordered some magazines from Dawson Precision. At the time, I was unaware that there were no true 10 round 9mm magazines (single stack 1911), and ordered what I thought was a ten round 9mm magazine by McCormick from Dawson Precision (Dawson Precision describes the magazines as a ".38super/9mm" magazine). The product was backordered, and I though that the order had been canceled, but when I arrived home today, the magazines had been delivered.

I will test the magazines this weekend to see if they can be made to function in the 9mm Trojan.

PJH

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
HANGFIRE said:
How may rounds do the 9mm single stack mags hold?

Got the answer by reading your earlier post
A "standard" 9mm SS magazine holds nine rounds with the standard followers and springs. There are some aftermarket "extra capacity" followers intended for .38S that can be cut down, modified and fitted to convert them to a full ten rounds. I did that on the eight 9mm MecGars I use with my Trojan, but it's a lot of trouble and hand work to get that one last round in.

·
Registered
22,348 Posts
I use the McCormick-Shooting Star 10-round Super magazines in my 9mm Colt 1991A1. They feed fine WITH BALL AMMO, but not shorter JHPs. (Actually the first one I bought to test fed hollowpoints, but one of the others I got later wouldn't, so I don't ask any of them to.)
I am just now working with some 147 flatpoint from Precision; we will see about them.
It is a bear getting in that tenth round and it takes a HARD shove to seat the magazine under a closed slide for IDPA 10+1.

I also have some 9-round Metalform Super magazines with their round follower. They work well with all 9mm loads tried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts