1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you recommend a good 'standard' 10 round mag for USPSA? I'm shooting a Kimber Custom. How many should I pick up, 2-3??....I'm going to shoot in the "Limited 10" class. Can I get away with just using 4-8round 47D's? The match is tomorrow
Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by lodraw (edited 05-05-2001).]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
6 eight round mags and 2-3 10 round mags is a good set for IPSC, limited 10 or just limited.

Four definitely isn't enough. Occasionally you'll use that many on one stage and if you ever have to drop one or two because of jams or just 'cause you got your hand on the mag release, you mag not have enought to finish. Seldom, however, will you need more than 1 or 2 ten rounders in a stage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd go with the Wilson Beaurocrats, but McCormick has a new "Power 10" out that works fine too, and they're cheaper than the Wilsons.

Tom

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have eleven Wilson eight rounders and three CMc eight and three CMc ten rounders. ALL of these work perfectly with both my Gold Cup and my Kimber.
As previosly mentioned the CMc mags are appreciably cheaper.
I know several top notch shooters that use CMc mags exclusively.
As I shoot IDPA, I seldom run into anyone else that uses the ten round mags, but the few I do see, seem to run with CMc or Wilson.

------------------
Neil
"I AM my brothers keeper"

·
Registered
275 Posts
ya,either CM or Wilson on the 10 rounders works for me. the advantage to the CM is it hurts less to throw em away if they get stepped on and crushed.But geez dont stay home if ya only got 4 eights.it is far better to shoot and come up short than mow the lawn or something..........

·
Registered
366 Posts
Most stages are 30 rounds or so. I carry four 10-rounders on my belt and another 10+1-rounder in the gun for those ocassional high round count stages or for those few times when topping off is to your advantage. See if you can borrow a set from another Limited 10 shooter. I have loaned my magazines several times to newbies.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Last USPSA match I went to, I only had a total of 4 10-rounders. Then one of them broke.

I cleared the rest of the stages just fine with 31 rounds of ammo each, but I made damn sure I took the time and didn't miss anything on those stages!

Oh, just so we compare apples to apples here, I don't ever top off, I'll reload from slide lock every time. (IDPA habit) If you like to top off during movement, you'll want twice as many mags.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts