1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm being told that some people are running 12-15 round mags, 45 acp for USPSA. It's been a (long) while since I've been to a shoot but this is news to me. If this is true, what brand? Any one have a link? What class would this put you into?

·
Registered
21,857 Posts
In Open and Limited, you may have a single stack magazine 171.25mm long.
I don't know where to buy a good quality .45 magazine for more than 10 rounds, though.

If you are talking about a double stack .45, STI makes 10, 12, and 14 shot magazines. The 14 meets the 140mm limit for double columns in Limited.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is single stack Jim, he claims STI made them. Whatever I guess, good old fashion internet bs is my thought. I'll stick to 8 rounders as that's what I carry and I'm looking at it as trigger time when I shoot the simple matches at my local club.

Thanks much,
Tony

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
8 rounders are all you can use in USPSA SS, if you are shooting major, .45 or .40. If you are shooting minor SS, you can use a 10 rd mag.

If they are shooting over 11, they should be in Limited, not SS.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Sounds like maybe a ProMag 15rd Extended singlestack.
Well.. more like bam, jam, bam, jam, jam, jam, bam magazine. Certainly not USPSA allowed if >171.25

Reliability is paramount even in local fun shoots and one of those goofy ProMag ninja bam-jam mags won't cut it. Just say no.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Certainly not legal for USPSA.

As stated above, Single Stack major has an 8 rnd limit, minor has a 10 rnd limit, and it has to fit inside the box, (which and extended mag won't.)

Even with extended singlestack mags, (like CMC, Tripp, or Wilson), the .45 will only hold 10 rounds and still be under the legal limit of 171.25mm.

Long ago, I used to run a 1911 in L10 using CMC 10rnd mags. That would still be perfectly legal in USPSA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts