1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range with a old friend that hasn't shoot in 30 years. I took with me a 4 inch 27-3, 66-5 and a 108282. I had no intention of using the 1911 it was in my holster as my carry gun.

After shooting 100 rounds out of the 27-3 with the rounds all over the paper I took out the 66 and we got a little better results. But as I was packing up I found 2 boxes of .45's in my range bag.

The first 14, I put all in the black and it stayed that way for the whole 100 rounds even when he was shooting. Not one outside of the rings from 50 ft.

When we left he said, why do you fool around with those revolvers. That made me start thinking and I hate to say it, but I think it's time to clean out the safe and say good by to all my old revolvers.

· Registered
2,178 Posts
You need at least a couple. If you practiced more with them you could be just as good with the revos.

...but I understand what you mean. I tend to finish my range trips with my 1911SC that I carry. It makes me feel better about my abilities as I'm finishing out my day.;)

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shoot 300 to 400 rounds a week with my revolvers and have been shooting over 40 years. I practice alot with them. I have 35 handguns and would have to say that the S&W 1911's and my Sig P220 are just the most accurate. It's just that these two pistols are in a class of there own, when it comes to accuracy.

There's also a big difference in the sights. The sights in old S&W's can't be compared to the bright white sights that are used on these pistols.

· Registered
2,178 Posts
If it works for you, don't fight it.;)

I can think of worse things. I love the 1911 design and getting them from S&W is just icing on the cake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.