1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use .45 ACP mags in their 10mm 1911?

The Metalform mag that came in my Dan Wesson Pointman 10mm measures .373-.377" across the feed lips (tapers out .004 in front). The Wilson Combat mags for my 1911 .45 ACP measure .380" parallel all the way from back to front.

Not much difference, .007" down to .003". Hand cycles better with the 10mm ammo in the Wilson .45 mags. I get a better nose-up feed by about half the thickness of the barrel ramp which is much better with HP's.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
To put it another way, sometimes it doesn't work and sometimes it does. :)

I've found that it usually works with Tripp's Cobra Mags. Dunno if they would work for everyone though, and dunno if it's worth doing as a standard practice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It won't be the feed lips in this case so much as the front end. Ten mil mags have the crease to keep the nose centered, without it it could be as much as .025 out of alignment when the slide pushes that round up, and that could cause it to bind on one side of the feed ramp.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've shot over 500 rounds of 10mm (albeit not alot, i know) in my wilson combat magazines, with never a jam or hiccup. I've used UMC, Mountaineer Custom Cartridge, silvertips, and cor-bon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I been running 47D's in my Bibly built Delta with perfect results. The Wilson 10 rounders do not work at all. HH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts