1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on this for a while, and it is still a work in progress. Here is the parts list.

Caspian
1. Slide - S/S 10mm Commander with novak lowmount rear and dovetail front, reverse plug cut, recon radius, and internal extractor
2. Frame - S/S 10mm Officer recon with Nowlin ramp cut, integral plunger tube, and 0.250 beavertail cut
3. Grip safety - S/S 0.250
4. Commader full length 2 pc S/S guide rod
5. S/S ejector

Ed Brown
1. Hammer - hardcore
2. Sear - perfection
3. Disconnect - match
4. Hammer strut
5. Officer rebuild set (includes mainspring)
6. Tactical ambi safety S/S
8. Ext. Mag catch S/S
9. S/S firing pin
10. 10mm extractor
11. Slidestop - hardcore

Cylinder and Slide
Solid Al trigger

Wolff
1. Recoil springs (21#) and firing pin spring
2. Sear spring

Smith and Alexander
Slimline S/S magwell/MSH

Wilson
Links and link pin

Bar-sto
S/S Commander 10mm bull barrel with Nowlin ramp

Cobra/Tripp
1. 8 rd mag
2. 9 rd mag

Davidson knives
Horned lizard grips

Novak
Novak low mount tritium 3 dot night sights

EGW
OS FPS

Navidrex
Thin grip screws/bushings

I've had two problem that I am working on, and I plan to have it ionbonded eventually.
1. the ambi-safety keeps backing out, which means I may eventually get a king's
2. the mags had to be altered majorly. The feed lips where sending the cartridges into the ramp. Basically, I filed a taper on them and they work ok right now. Metalform is the only other company making mags for 10mm officer, and I may have to try them.

So this is the only picture I have right now. The slide is serrated on the top and rear 40 LPI, and the grip is checkered 20 LPI all by hand.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.

Crabbybum, the grips are extremely grippy in addition to looking awesome. In combination with the checkering, the gun doesn't slide at all.

jba3, I'm not a big fan of the melted look, though I understand the functionality. I don't, however, think it is completely necessary. I radiused all sharp corners very slightly with a rubber sanding block. I also took a lot off the ambi-safety thickness on the right side (a little on the left as well) and contoured the magwell heavily.

Iggy, reply sent.

Later,
Nathan

·
Registered
626 Posts
Kudos - that is a sweet machine. May I inquire your total investment so far? Thinking of doing something similar in full size.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cvann said:
Kudos - that is a sweet machine. May I inquire your total investment so far? Thinking of doing something similar in full size.
I didn't keep completely accurate records but somewhere between 1200 and 1500 not including tools. Must builds can be kept around 1200, but recon rails and stainless everything add a bit to the price.

Nathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts