1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a 10mm Delta Elite Gold Cup today at a gun shop. They wanted around $1000 for it. He said it had hardly been fired. It looked like it had seen a lot of shooting though. Gunk was around every crevice. There were a couple of small scratches and a bad one where someone goofed removing the slide stop. I want one of these bad. What is a good price on a NIB gun? Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I paid $650 for mine about 8 mos. ago. It's stainless and says something Edition (I'm too lasy too open the safe and look) I think it's one of first 1000 stainless made. Gun is about 97%. Your gun seems like O.K. deal if it was in better shape. Delta's I've seen (non Gold Cup) go from 550 to 950. I wish I could find a nice blue one. I think you should take a pass on that one. Gold Cup adjustable sites are crap. I've had a couple in .45. I wonder if Delta Gold Cups have goofy sear set up like 45's.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Hi Wade..
Check out GunsAmerica.com and do a Search for Colt Delta Elites. I think the price is too high as you have described it. I think you will be able to do better. I just picked up a blue all stock Delta Elite, about 10 years old, in excellent condition and absolutely beautiful blue factory finish for $475 from a gun shop. Don't expect that you will find a NIB DE Gold Cup for that price. My guess, would be $750 to $850.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
A friend of a friend bought a Gold Cup DE for $650 at a local gun shop. It is in very good shape. Good thing for us shooters that there are a lot of purchasers who don't shoot much out there. I can't imagine buying a gun and not shooting it!

[This message has been edited by BillD (edited 10-08-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts