1911Forum banner

10mm Kimber/1911 ammo experiences?

885 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  lodeda
Hi guys,
About to purchase some 10mm for my Kimber. I'm thinking of getting the georgia arms 155gr Hollow Point(gold dots). Any experiences with your 10mm 1911 not feeding hollow points reliably? Thanks for the info.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Had a Colt Delta Elite

Had one. :bawling:

Anyway, all it ever ate were Winchester Silvertips, Hornady 155 grain HP's and Cor Bon 165 grain HP's. I refused to feed it "Fed-lite" loads. All in all about 800-850 rounds. Not one failure to feed or eject. And the gun was practically stock. Not too shabby. I would expect even better reliability out of your Kimber. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I'd be surprised if you encounter any issues.

Ad hey, thanks for buying a 10. :rock: :rock:

I wish more manufacturers would offer it. :grumble:

And before you ask, I had to sell it for the money. Something I wish I could take back to this day.

· Registered
41 Posts
ammo

I bought a Dan Wesson 10mm and it would not feed hollow point except Win Silvertips and that was so-so. Edge of the bullet would jam nose-on against a very small flat at the bottom of the feed ramp. I carefully increased the angle into the chamber, took it down very close to the bottom edge to get rid of the flat, throated and polished the ramp and only removed an insignificant amount of chamber support. Third time was a charm...I am very carefull doing throating jobs. Now it feeds anything slick and smooth. Generally speaking you will not get any 1911 with a stock barrel to feed hollowpoints well out of the box. They were designed for the 230 gr. JRN bullet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.