1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 10mm long slide. Its between the remington and the kimber target.. Which gun do you think is the better but?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I don't own one of either, but would expect the Kimber to be the better gun. People like to hate on Kimber, but I have never had any issues with mine. I have also never had any problem with my R1's, but I just can't trust Remington anymore to put out a quality product.

I wouldn't have a problem buying the Remington if it's price were in line with the other models, but at almost a grand. I'd opt for the Kimber.

Dan Wesson makes a nice longsilde, but it's nearly double the cost of the Kimber.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have a very in-depth review of the R1 Hunter 10mm in this forum. I had to do a lot of tweaking to get it to run reliably with most ammo. Still needs a pro's touch to get it fully operational with all my test loads from Underwood. But it's a range toy and doesn't really need to run everything for me. Lookup my thread and see all the things I encountered.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have the Kimber version and it has been 100% right out of the box. Accurate and reliable after 300 rds. Never fired any of the R1s.
Tomcatt

·
Registered
23,179 Posts
When I was looking for a 6 inch 10mm, friends had the DW and Baer plus an older Para LE which would be close to the Remington. I ended up getting the DW Bruin by the way. Nice pistol, but not cheap.

This was before SA came out with a 6inch in 10mm I think.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the original gun when it was built by Para...it's been a safe queen but it appears to be a better quality gun than the Remington version when I looked at the Remington recently...IMHO. I have Kimber too and no complaints.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I went through the same issue recently and rather than buy the whole gun, since I already had a 6" .40 bbl and most of the parts, I found a stripped Hunter slide which I'll build up on my Springfield frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts