1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some mags for a recently aquired Delta Elite. In a pamphlet by Wilson Combat, they made reference to a 10mm mag-#47NX. I was, however, unable to find this item in their website or catalog. Does anyone know of this magazine or who might sell them?

If not, my choices are Colt or Chip McCormick. I am leaning toward the Colt, but I am curious to hear anyone's feedback about the quality and/or reliability of these products.

Thanks in advance.

--Todd Dow

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Wilson no longer offers any 10mm mags. I use the 9rd Metalform mags. The Colts only hold 8.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,325 Posts
I'm using 8-round Mec-Gars and factory Colt (three of each), and they are equally excellent.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Metalform, CMC(chip mccormick), Colt currently make 10mm mags. I borrowed two old wilson 10mm mags from a buddy and many people modify the lips on wilson 38super mags and they work fine.
Personally, I use the CMC mags, cheaper than Colt(price, not quality), and havent had a problem with them. Nothing wrong with metalform either, though.

------------------
front sight is good, front sight is good!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Les Baer will provide very nice 10mm magazines (8 rnds) in stainless steel. Mine (7) work just fine in my Baer 10mm Heavyweight Monolith.

------------------
10mm and 357 Sig; the best things since the 38 Super!

·
Registered
90 Posts
How do you go about modifying the wilson mags? Just open the feed lips a bit? I had some cheapo mags from USA for my HiPower that did that all by themselves as a method of speed unloading!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I talked to Mr. Baer of thursday and he said that my 10mm mags are from Metalform. Baer does not make 10mm or 40 mags.

------------------
10mm and 357 Sig; the best things since the 38 Super!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts