1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fine scout is the creation of Al T, he had this one built for his son for graduation from a Police academy. Al has 3 or 4 of our Fusions and seems to really enjoy them… For this one he went with our Scout Model as a base building 10mm and then add these options: Fancy fine top serrations with reveal, Our tritium Ghost ring rear sight with XS white dot with tritium front, Front cocking serrations, Chain-link Carry Cut Mainspring housing, Chain-link Front-strap, Action job, Our Satin finished hard chrome finish on the frame and slide & Brushed polished small accent parts; then stocked with some super high grade hand select Ranger checkered Cocobolo grips…… Thanks again to Al for this super pistol!!..... Enjoy….

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have read (written by Bob) that the Scout frame is cast while the other Fusions are forged. Why the cast frame on the Scout, Bob?

Long term or just strength wise, which is better and why do you use two different methods of producing frames?

They all look great.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post up additional pictures soon of the different Chrome finishes so you can see the differences. On the frames, it just depends on the model, Some series of frames are Cast, cnc machined, Heat treated and cnc again… We have never had a failure on either of our forged or cast frames. They are all super quality and very rugged. We also have Forged options on the Scout models and for this summer we have introduced a new forged tactical frame for out tactical ( Tact-5 and Tactical Hunter series). We are always working on improvements and upgrades to our line.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This fine scout is the creation of Al T, he had this one built for his son for graduation from a Police academy. Al has 3 or 4 of our Fusions and seems to really enjoy them… For this one he went with our Scout Model as a base building 10mm and then add these options: Fancy fine top serrations with reveal, Our tritium Ghost ring rear sight with XS white dot with tritium front, Front cocking serrations, Chain-link Carry Cut Mainspring housing, Chain-link Front-strap, Action job, Our Satin finished hard chrome finish on the frame and slide & Brushed polished small accent parts; then stocked with some super high grade hand select Ranger checkered Cocobolo grips…… Thanks again to Al for this super pistol!!..... Enjoy….

Where do I get one of these and price?

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Well someones dreams came true. That scout is amazing

·
Registered
103 Posts
I recently saw a custom 1911 on here tonight, with what was called a FLUSH CUT FRONT END, which I really liked. Do you offer this as an option on your FUSION pistols BOB...?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the Chrome.... Yes you can hard chrome over most all stainless steels and carbon. They do come our when finished looking the same.

On the flush front.... If you send us a link to [email protected] we can see if we can do it for you.... We already do the flush-cut and target crowning and we have bushings and end-plugs in both the thick flange and standard flange with a flat front profile. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
915 Posts
I am thinking hard chrome for my next build. Never had a chrome pistol, but I like the satin finish. How is it for maintenance?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts