1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been desirous of having a 14" 870P for years and never took action to make it a reality. Took the 1st-step today though, sat down with my preferred shop owner, consulted on what I want and the process and I'm movin' on it. Step 1, get the NFA trust form completed on my end and he'll help me step-thru the rest of the bureaucracy and get my weapon on order and delivered. Hopefully all will flow seamlessly and I'll have it in my hands in a few months or so.

I want a shorty for a host of reasons but I also want one "because I can!" This is my first foray in the "stamp" game, I'll see how it goes. Irritates the h*** outta me that as a citizen, a veteran and simply a human being I'm controlled/regulated like this to buy a shotgun but...ok...I'll play the game. ;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats! That's the very same model and configuration we used when I was a highway patrolman. Very handy guns for sure. I once read a blurb about Remington making a very small run of 870s with factory 9" barrels and 2 shot magazines for the Secret Service. Now that is truly a "short shotgun!" :eek:

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Serbu makes an AOW off a Remington or Mossberg receiver with 6.5-13.5" barrels and 2-4 round magazines...

I made an SBS out of a stevens SxS with 9" tubes.... loads of fun, but not for the recoil sensitive...

·
Registered
23,532 Posts
I can get past the tax thing.

We pay taxes every day for just about everything. But the interminable wait while they "vet you" is ridiculous. :barf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts