1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Pasadena gunshow this past weekend,the person that had the "clip" booth,had 15 round clips for colt .45's,does anyone actually use/buy these,and why havnt i heard of these before?

·
Registered
381 Posts
POcopo,

Probably because they don't work reliably. I've found the McCormick 10 rounders to be somewhat problematic in my guns. It would be nice to have a reliable high-cap mag for a single stack .45. Who was the manufacturer of these 15 rounders? Thanks.

Larry C.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt catch the manufactoror,it may have been McCormick,seems like one of them were in a shooting star package.They had them in 2 colors too.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Those were 15 round magazines, not clips. Clips are used to load magazines on some firearms such as Garands. The magazines in question are not quality anything. Saying they are not reliable is probably a very kind statement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw those same 15 rounders. Man those would REALLY stick out from the bottom of the pistol.
I don't think they would be reliable.

Did you see the guy selling M1s witht he certificates from the CMP right there? I thought that was pretty poor judgement on his part. Maybe I'm wrong, but those are not meant for gun sellers to make a profit on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts