1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 15 round mag by an outfit called Victor from a company called Tapco.I probably should have asked here before buying one,but do these things work OK?
The asking price is $19.99 so if it's junk I'm not out a whole lotta cash.I really don't need 15 rounds in one mag but thought it might be fun to spray a buncha bullets once in a while. If anybody is interested they can be found at www.tapco.com

------------------
Dave

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have specified that these are 15 round magazines for single-stack 1911s. Received an e-mail from the seller that the item is backordered for a few days.I will post with test results after mine arrives,if anybody is interested.

------------------
Dave

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ShootinSpirit,I'm still waiting for the magazine to get here. I've got over 650 rounds of hardball all loaded up and ready.Will definitely let ya know how this thing works (or doesn't!).

------------------
Dave

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the mag showed up and I loaded 'er up with 15 rounds of UMC hardball,stepped out the back door and let 'er rip! Eight bangs and then I had to tug the slide back a little before the 9th round would chamber.Then the rest of the rounds fed OK.I was shooting my new Colt '91A1(which hasn't choked once out of 400+ rounds 'til now)and that was all the testing I've done so far.
This mag is almost exactly twice as long as 2 standard length magazines and seems to be fairly rugged. It has a punched-out lip on one side that keeps the thing from being jammed too far into the magwell.
At this point I can't recommend buying one of these units,unless you are reasonably skilled with tools and are willing to tinker with it. The feed-lips are very rough from the forming/cutting process and there are jagged edges on the under-side of them that gouge the hell out the ammo as you load and shoot.That's why I limited my testing to only 15 shots.I didn't want my cases wrecked and I didn't want all those brass bits running through my Colt.
I'll be taking needle files,stones and maybe even that damn Dremel to the feedlips and try to smooth them out.I'm pretty sure the mag will run well once that problem is taken care of.

------------------
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts