1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered Dillon 750 and accessories today. Says I’m gonna have to wait 16 weeks. Are they for real? I’m willing to wait, but that’s some serious backorder.

·
Registered
8 Wilsons, 4 Infinitys, 2 Alchemys, 1 Nighthawk
468 Posts
Ordered Dillon 750 and accessories today. Says I’m gonna have to wait 16 weeks. Are they for real? I’m willing to wait, but that’s some serious backorder.
I ordered my 750 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday and it shipped 2 days later. I dont know if I just got lucky? Nobody quoted me a wait time though

·
Super Moderator
7,806 Posts
I ordered an 1100 in 9mm mid October. It showed up 4 months later right on schedule.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I've got a few things backordered as well. I'm just glad I'm in line. Honestly, nothing I've ever had to backorder actually took as long as I was quoted. It usually works out a little to a good bit earlier. I hope you enjoy your press. I sure like my 550.

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
What caliber did you order? After compiling my order, I started to get deliveries within 1-2 weeks. But some things will take much longer. My 9mm dies were 3 months before I got them. I was able to get set up for 45acp in about 5-6 weeks. So it maybe caliber dependent as well. It will give you time to collect some components.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Guess I shouldn't just pop into the factory showroom and expect to leave with a new caliber set up.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Guess I shouldn't just pop into the factory showroom and expect to leave with a new caliber set up.
I think that would depend on caliber. You might get lucky but I would not count on it. I ordered some new dies and the 9mm arrived but the 45 is still on backorder. It seems that almost everything is backordered and delayed. I am waiting on dies as mentioned, truck parts, trailer parts, Jeep parts, etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered an RL1100 and a bunch of extra stuff early in January. Most the extra stuff shipped out right away, tow caliber conversion kits shipped a few weeks later. All that I'm waiting on right now is the Press itself. Dillion has quoted a 24 week lead time and I'm only six weeks into it so far.

But on the practical side, what good is it to have the press until the primer shortage starts to ease?

·
Premium Member
9,200 Posts
That’s exactly where I was going!
I wonder how many people had a “great idea” to start loading their own because they couldn’t find any ammo. Cart before the horse, dead in the water without primers. Oh well, at least they will begin at some point.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What caliber did you order? After compiling my order, I started to get deliveries within 1-2 weeks. But some things will take much longer. My 9mm dies were 3 months before I got them. I was able to get set up for 45acp in about 5-6 weeks. So it maybe caliber dependent as well. It will give you time to collect some components.
I got it in 45acp. Same thinking here, now I can look for bullets and primers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s exactly where I was going!
I wonder how many people had a “great idea” to start loading their own because they couldn’t find any ammo. Cart before the horse, dead in the water without primers. Oh well, at least they will begin at some point.
Well my thoughts were: I gotta start reloading again no matter what. So I have to get everything, equipment and components; equipment takes some saving up to do, so I figured, get that taken care of first and components I can buy from “lunch money” piecemeal over time. Figure prices will either start coming down come next fall (when my dies are set to ship lol) or gonna be banned outright. Being a closet optimist, I gambled on the better outcome :]

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I have really enjoyed being able to reload as much 45 ACP as I want in times of shortage. I was thinking of adding 9mm. I don't shoot much 9mm, and I had all I would need, until the wife ends her 20 year dislike of anything with more bang than a 22. Now she asks why I only had 3 thousand rounds of 9mm when I have many times more 45. I figured having 3k rounds of a caliber I rarely shot was too much... but what do I know. Now she says don't bother reloading 9mm because she will NEVER shoot reloads, only factory new. Uh huh.

But I think I will buy the press parts last, after I acquire some primers and bullets, after this madness ends. I was hoping she would start shooting 45 when she gets low on 9mm, just so she can learn that 45 is not too much to handle.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have really enjoyed being able to reload as much 45 ACP as I want in times of shortage. I was thinking of adding 9mm. I don't shoot much 9mm, and I had all I would need, until the wife ends her 20 year dislike of anything with more bang than a 22. Now she asks why I only had 3 thousand rounds of 9mm when I have many times more 45. I figured having 3k rounds of a caliber I rarely shot was too much... but what do I know. Now she says don't bother reloading 9mm because she will NEVER shoot reloads, only factory new. Uh huh.

But I think I will buy the press parts last, after I acquire some primers and bullets, after this madness ends. I was hoping she would start shooting 45 when she gets low on 9mm, just so she can learn that 45 is not too much to handle.
Just load the 45 to mouse fart power factor and let her have a few shots, she’s gonna like it more than 9mm. what’s with only shooting factory ammo? that’s like you saying you’ll only eat restaurant food, no more home cooking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The RL-550 E-Z change kits are on backorder too. Need to get a 9mm when things calm down a little. Love my reloader for .45ACP. By the way, I only bought one, because I grew tired of not finding ammo during the 1st admin of Obama. Thing I dislike the most about Dillon is that they stopped selling primers sometime between 2011 and now. When I got my 550, I was able to get everything I needed from one stop at the store. Not sure, but I think they stopped sometime before the panicdemic ;)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Just load the 45 to mouse fart power factor and let her have a few shots, she’s gonna like it more than 9mm. what’s with only shooting factory ammo? that’s like you saying you’ll only eat restaurant food, no more home cooking.
One time a man presented with a hand injury he claimed was from shooting his handgun reloads. So now reloads are dangerous. Which means she wont try one of my 45 reloads either. Eh, her choice to live with.

She said the same thing about my motorcycling riding, skydiving, and pilot lessons too. But those were MY CHOICES, not hers. The bike handles better with an empty back seat anyway.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Should we link you to a factory ammo blow up for her review? Of course if you want to conserve ammo and primers, best to let her find factory ammo to shoot. ...lol

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Should we link you to a factory ammo blow up for her review? Of course if you want to conserve ammo and primers, best to let her find factory ammo to shoot. ...lol
I did let her buy her own factory ammo, until I found out she was paying 90 cents a round for 9mm. And she thought it was just what they cost these days. She was planning on stocking up before the prices increased again. Boy will I have to eat crow if it turns out she was right. LOL.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
One time a man presented with a hand injury he claimed was from shooting his handgun reloads. So now reloads are dangerous.
I saw my neighbor bust a$$ and thought of you... lol

Can she say he wasn't drinking when loading or vouch for him being responsible? Some dude loads irresponsibly and you are now not safe? Lots of people drive, use knives, walk down stairs, etc. and I'm sure she still thinks she can too even though some people get hurt doing those things.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,334 Posts
I ordered some bullets, with a 6-8 week delivery window; I'm now in week seventeen. It's essentially everything gun- and shooting-related.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts