1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Premium Member
As pointed out in an article posted from Powder Valley, Covid shut everything down for a period. Demand, plus the complete wipe out of reserves have you scrambling for die sets....something I have never seen before. Material shortages domino the effect.
So, the real question is how to prevent these little turds from unleashing something similar in the future that is allowed to bring global trade to its knees? Is there a plan? From anyone? 馃憡馃敟馃殌馃Ж馃敀

Registered
I saw my neighbor bust a$$ and thought of you... lol

Can she say he wasn't drinking when loading or vouch for him being responsible? Some dude loads irresponsibly and you are now not safe? Lots of people drive, use knives, walk down stairs, etc. and I'm sure she still thinks she can too even though some people get hurt doing those things.
I know how one female mind is likely to respond, but I have long ago stopped trying to understand it! Funny you should mention knives. She bought one and was playing with it and cut her finger. Now when I did that, I was an idiot. She was practicing. Looked like she was practicing how to apply derma bond and steri strips to me.

Registered
Some things are up to 28 weeks now...

Aren't there only 52 weeks in a year? Dang...

Oh well, I don't have anything in 9mm myself so it isn't affecting me directly. My son became a heretic though and abandoned The Cartridge in .45 as it was handed down to JMB by God Almighty and I guess he can pay a buck a round for for Wonder 9 if he wants!

I did manage to find some bullets and brass...those little 9mm pills are kinda cute, aren't they?

:ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
While some items are quite a ways out, I believe many manufacturers quote long delivery times just to keep customers from having a panic attack. They would rather quote four months, and delivery early, than quote three weeks and deliver four months later.

Grumpy

Reactions: joe 45

Registered
I ordered a bullet mold from Arsenal molds earlier this year. I was quoted 5-7 weeks. We are now going into 9 weeks. This is his normal speed... covid or no covid. Panic or no panic. For some folks, there just ain't that much difference lol

Reactions: BrokenGrunt

Premium Member
And then, there are the millennials, if you can鈥檛 get it in two days via Amazon, they are upset.

Premium Member
So, I suppose it鈥檚 their fault they can鈥檛 get the materials?
They probably don鈥檛 want to sell anything either and are sitting on thousands of die sets just to piss their customer base off. It鈥檚 not them dood!

Registered
Shame on Dillon!
Shame on Dillon?!?!? For what- not tying up 20 years worth of revenue to have 4000 sets of each caliber dies and model of presses in a warehouse somewhere, just in case a bunch of people didn't see the writing on the wall that the end of cheap and easy to get ammo was upon us?!?!?!? Or are you upset because they couldn't foresee worldwide manufacturing and supply backlog that were also unprecedented?

And where was you concern and order back in feb-april of last year when we all knew it was coming and things were still available?

No shame on Dillon [18 months into this] that honor falls squarely on you.

/hat tip/

Registered
Come on, no discord here just 60 seconds of effort on google: Go get some dang dies.

in stock options:

Premium Member
Piling on......10 yard penalty......
Looks like I need to take a look at Graf鈥檚 though. I forget about them.

Registered
Good flag, nitro

45ACPSKNG, I realize my responses may have come off as jerky, my apologies for that. The first one was just supposed to be sarcastic, the second was a friendly jab.

Few people will actually spend time going back past page 1 or 2 of a google search to find something. I've gotten a number of things on pages 8 and 9 of searches recently... (although those dies were all on page 1)

Peace!

Premium Member
Good flag, nitro

45ACPSKNG, I realize my responses may have come off as jerky, my apologies for that. The first one was just supposed to be sarcastic, the second was a friendly jab.

Few people will actually spend time going back past page 1 or 2 of a google search to find something. I've gotten a number of things on pages 8 and 9 of searches recently... (although those dies were all on page 1)

Peace!
Since flechero alerted me to Discord I'm amazed what is available. Not every listing is for everyone. Just checked and one site had a huge lot of powders in stock, the catch? This site required buyers to purchase single case lots (8-10-16 pounds per factory case). That means you going to spend a chunk of change, but you will be set for the near future. Discord also shows primers in stock, sadly most are about 2x normal pre-panic prices and many are single brick (1,000) primer limit. Discord also notifies you, if so selected, of brass, dies, firearms, and more. Additionally you can't do a Google search and just look at the first page or two. Times are tough and the tough succeed.

My $0.02
Grumpy

Registered
Good flag, nitro

Peace!
Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness!馃槈馃憤馃徎

Premium Member
Good response! Some around here get their undies in a bunch and refuse to engage in friendly jabbing. They are the ones drinking cognac in the library.

Premium Member
Good response! Some around here get their undies in a bunch and refuse to engage in friendly jabbing. They are the ones drinking 3.2 beer in their mom's basement.
Fixed it for ya.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts