1911Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
I always took it as a sign of strength, when it was for cause... and weakness if just get one out of trouble.

Well, did you by any dies?
No, I paid for the damn things already back in Feb, along with the 550 Conv Kit. Kit delivered a month ago, I'll just wait it out. I went 52yrs without loading 44mag, can wait another couple months. PS: And it's ALWAYS a sign of weakness馃槈

Registered
No, I paid for the damn things already back in Feb, along with the 550 Conv Kit. Kit delivered a month ago, I'll just wait it out. I went 52yrs without loading 44mag, can wait another couple months. PS: And it's ALWAYS a sign of weakness馃槈
Understood.

Ps. No one is perfect- we all mess up from time to time.

Registered
Hey, you think you've got problems?

I recently discovered that an antique, single shot rifle was not actually a .45-70.

I'm waiting for the archeologist to tell me what the heck it really is...okay, a gunsmith, but I'm not sure I wouldn't have been as well off with a witch doctor-Do any of you guys have any idea how many
"about" .45 caliber (with a bore diameter of anything from .43 to .46) black powder cartridges there were? Oh, and don't bother stamping anything on the barrel...dang...What in the heck were those guys thinking? Geeze!

Yep, consider the Remington Rolling Block that was produced from 18sixtysomething to 1917? In every conceivable cartridge from the expected .45-70 to untold numbers of various black powder and several European smokeless cartridges as well as .30-06 for crying out loud! Fully half of the nations on the planet ordered Remington Rolling Blocks for their Armies at one point or another...that is an epic achievement-only the Mauser action ever got more love (er, at least per-Kalashkinov) to put a largely unremembered American rifle into some kind of perspective that it deserves.

Premium Member
Embarrassing that a company with a rich history such as Remington is flailing in the wind.
Likewise are the auto makers that continue to be bailed out.

Registered
Embarrassing that a company with a rich history such as Remington is flailing in the wind.
Likewise are the auto makers that continue to be bailed out.
Well, Remington, Winchester and Colt haven't been run by the families for a very long time, rather by crooks who get the companies in deeper debt then bail out taking their golden parachutes to the Grand Cayman's and moving on to the next corporation that desperately "needs" their brand of "help"...

And that's one of the reasons that the auto manufacturers are flailing around-that and the fact a bunch of the IC's for their damnable unreliable $3000 powertrain control modules are made in the People's Republic of Contagion.

Premium Member
They could cause hell because we allow them to have our manufacturing control. They could literally cause planes to fall from the sky and have ships to spin in circles if they wanted.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts