1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$1600 Pro Now with Picture

Looked at it 2 hours ago. Only thing is the man who has it said he was told it was test fired at factory only. About 1/4 in of the black barrel finish is mostly worn off ( the chamber part of bbl you see through ejection port) Other than this it looks great. Has six of the MF mags, Box, papers, etc.
What do you think ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Sounds like an excellent deal. It's kind of odd that the barrel hood is black T'ed on the Pro, but it also helps to determine how much use it has had. Of course it can be refinished, however if it has had that much use there are usually other signs of wear apparent.

The Pro is a solid, high quality gun. Personally I wouldn't worry about 200 or 2000 rounds fired through it.

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
A great deal!

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
Anti-Citizen said:
:hrm: I dunno... I was talking to the guy at ontarget, where I shop, and he said if you want something that is jsut as good at a pro jsut buy a milspec and put a different trigger in and a heavier recoil spring.
That is a joke. An obvious comment from someone that doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Anti-Citizen said:
:hrm: I dunno... I was talking to the guy at ontarget, where I shop, and he said if you want something that is jsut as good at a pro jsut buy a milspec and put a different trigger in and a heavier recoil spring.
Wow! You should find somewhere else to shop. If I don't have the answer to a customers question I am quick to admit it, and try to find out. This guy is just a predator, and unsuspecting buyers are his prey. Either that or he's an idiot.

DW

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dunno... I was talking to the guy at ontarget, where I shop, and he said if you want something that is jsut as good at a pro jsut buy a milspec and put a different trigger in and a heavier recoil spring.
You should tell him to let the FBI know about this cost saving method. He could save them from spending all that money on the PRO's they buy.

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
GoRon said:
You should tell him to let the FBI know about this cost saving method. He could save them from spending all that money on the PRO's they buy.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
pic of wear

I bought it. So I'll try to get a good pic of the entire pistol. I'm not having much luck right now. Maybe my Ole Lady can do better later. This is the wear on the bbl hood I mentioned earlier. Just don't pay any attention to the glare going straight across. Just the three places running vertical

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
pistolpete45 said:
I bought it. So I'll try to get a good pic of the entire pistol. I'm not having much luck right now. Maybe my Ole Lady can do better later. This is the wear on the bbl hood I mentioned earlier. Just don't pay any attention to the glare going straight across. Just the three places running vertical
turn on the macro

·
Registered
666 Posts
You stole it! That price is good even for a barely used one.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.