1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have three of the KRD 17-rounders sold by CDNN. I had to fiddle with them quite a bit to get them to be reliable. I do not trust them for anything other than range use or informal competition between frineds.

I have one 20-round Mec Gar and it has been 100% since I took it out of the box.

I would rely on my factory 13-rounders and the Mec gar, but not the KRD mags. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I won't be buying any more to find out.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
I bought three of the KRD's for my single stack. They were 7/8 rounders, they were junk period. Safe youself the agrivaton and your money.

Stay Safe

·
Registered
173 Posts
I own more than 20 of the KRD mags from CDNN for my high powers. They do have some quirks, but I have had good service from them. They springs are incredibly strong, and almost require the use of the included mag loading tool to load the mags.

When new, they will, from time to time, fail to load the first round when the slide is closed via the slide release. Changing to a Wolff 18.5 lb. recoil spring seemed to cure the problem of the first round stopping the slide. Downloading to 16 rounds also fixes this problem.

With my mags, I always leave the range with them loaded, and they stay that way to the range session. It appears that once the strong springs "break in" they become more reliable.

I don't use for for carry, as the large plastic bumper pad increases the print of the weapon excessively.

For what they cost, and the service they give, they are good value for me.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I can't comment on the KRD 17 round magazines but, I have 3 15 rounders. I have never had a problem with them. All three work 100% of the time.
Texasflyboy is right though, the springs are strong untill used a few times. I will add that if I had to chose between KRD and Mec-Gar mags, I would choose Mec-Gar.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My 17 rounders (that I purchased from CDNN) function great.

I don't carry my HPs, so I haven't assessed the mag reliability that carefully.

I will pay more attention the next time I take my HPs to the range.

I plan to buy more as funds permit.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have five of the CDNN's the only problem I have had was the slide not closing fully when closing from an empty chamber. Firing theyve been 100%. I sent five of them to C&S for a reliabilty and Ive been perfectly happy with them

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a bunch of krd's never had a problem.. i dont carry the browning but if i did i would use them. honestly there the best mags i ever used in it.. never a problem.... if you look at posts from a few years ago at stev camps site they got great reviews... i dont know why people dont like them now.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You'll be happy and pleased with the Mec-Gar and Browning FN 13rd magazines. 100% reliable! I actually witnessed a friends 17rd Argentine KRD magazine failure. He loaded them overnight before we went to the range. By morning the back weld seam at the top of the feed lips had split. In the trash they went....... and I witnessed it. Another reliable source said these were the earlier produced ones? And the later ones are fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.