1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by saying I'm not a 17 fan, the only draw I can see is the ammo is always available. I am a big 22WRM fan and have a few rifles, including a few Volquartzen's that are outstanding.
Anyway, started thinking about Valquartzen in 17WSM.
The question is: (besides can you push a BB that fast) do these burn out barrels, like how many rounds can you realistically get out of one?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I'll start by saying I'm not a 17 fan, the only draw I can see is the ammo is always available. I am a big 22WRM fan and have a few rifles, including a few Volquartzen's that are outstanding.
Anyway, started thinking about Valquartzen in 17WSM.
The question is: (besides can you push a BB that fast) do these burn out barrels, like how many rounds can you realistically get out of one?
The 17WSM ammo was pretty hard to find for a while. You may want to check out some of the varmint hunter forums. There are a lot of guys who like this round. The reviews on the Savage B Mag rifle are mixed. A friend of mine recently picked up the new Ruger in 17WSM. It is a pretty nice rifle and one of the most accurate mass produced rimfires I have seen in a while. I bet a Volquartzen in 17WSM would be a great addition to your rimfire collection.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The question is: (besides can you push a BB that fast) do these burn out barrels, like how many rounds can you realistically get out of one?[/QUOTE]

you can get 3000 fps out of a BB? nice daisy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts