1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1998 Mil-Spec Tactical. All stock except for new springs. It looks better in person, I oiled the hell out it. Haven't shot it yet. I think it might be a good shooter though...

·
Registered
303 Posts
The first short trigger I've ever shot...I kinda like it. This TRP was well cared for. And if you run out of room in your safe your SA mil spec with the French border and Black T finish is welcome to stay a my place. That sucker is SWEET!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Two thumbs up on that beauty.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The first short trigger I've ever shot...I kinda like it. This TRP was well cared for. And if you run out of room in your safe your SA mil spec with the French border and Black T finish is welcome to stay a my place. That sucker is SWEET!
You mean this one? Frosted blue finish. We will take them both out again after I fit the EGW bushing in the TRP next week. Also need to shoot the other Mil-Spec with 2.75 lb C&S ignition kit in it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's the one:) I'd be happy to help you out with some testing. Time to email Dardus...got to feed the machine.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phil here is a SACS gun from when Baer ran the shop. Was my first custom 1911. Still shoots lights out after 50K or so rounds.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
siouxfan, your join date belies your knowledge and collection of things Springer, nice pistols.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in the automotive after-market and have been for 45 years. The 1911 is like a classic or Hot Rod car. You're limited only by money as to what you can do to them.

You really don't see other handguns customized like the 1911. That's why I really got into them.

We can see a number of new owners buying guns and trying to customize them. Its apparent in the questions they ask. It kind of similar to the AR only they can't do their own work.

When I started shooting them there wasn't near the number of quality smiths we have now. It mirrored, at least to me, the hot rod market.

We learned, the hard way, to do a lot of the work ourselves but were limited by not having the tools and mills the smiths had.

I can only imagine if we would have had the tools and parts available today what we have built.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Phil here is a SACS gun from when Baer ran the shop. Was my first custom 1911. Still shoots lights out after 50K or so rounds.

That's nice! While many will say the 1911 is the sm block Chevy of pistols I have too disagree, smblk Chevy's are disposable. Its more the affordable 426 Hemi, going on 50+ years and no one else has made a replacement for it in the top ranks of NHRA. JMHO, the same can be said for the 1911 in .45

In all fairness my pee shooter wouldn't be in a running usable condition had It not been for forum member Farscott selling me the slide.

The rest of the work I have handled, however I'm at a major crossroads? Keep as is and enjoy it or finish it off as I have envisioned as a CMP legal service pistol? If its the later I will need too enlist the help of one of the big boy's with bigger tools in there tool box than what I have too finish off the build...

Decisions.........

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've had the privilege to shoot and visit with Siouxfan. He has a wealth of knowledge and some of nicest 1911's I've seen. Kind of like the analogy I gave earlier (you go to Sturgis on a new Harley thinking it's the stuff...then you see all the customs) But Hey he lets me shoot them:) my wife says this friendship is going to be expensive. She's probably right...don't tell her though:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phil....to quote Nike "just do it"

CT72...thank you and yes if will get expensive. You can hide everything but a bigger safe!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts