1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 18.9 Limited that I have put 25-30 thousand rounds thru. From the time the gun was new I have have shot the same 5 mags (with DP ext base pads and ext springs) Saturday during a IPSC match my #1 and #3 mag started going to slide lock with ammo in them. I grab the back of the slide and pull back and it will drop back into battery. I put new springs in them Sat night and went out to a steel match on Sunday and still the same thing, even more times it would go to slide lock?? It will do it on those two mags with 6-7 rounds still in them. It happened once Sunday with one rd in the mag and I could not drop the slide by pulling it back. I even dropped the mag out, put it back in and it would not go back into battery with pressing the slide stop or racking the slide. Any ideas of what to try? Followers?
Thanks for any help, TimT

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 16 40 LTD, right out of the box it did the same, I was told it was the slide lock itself. The round in the mag hits the slide stop, I guess there could be minor differences in the mags for only a couple to do this. I put in the new slide lock, problem solved for me. I would try this first before I would do anything with the mags.
Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts