1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just go a great deal on these locally, but they will not shoot. THey are very finicky. The gun is good to go, DW Piontman Ausie. IT was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up. I would like some reload info if you have any. I use these in informal bullseye matches with friends and family, and do not like losing to any of them. They are H&G 68's, 1.250 OAL, and WLP,any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
14,742 Posts
What do you mean when you say "they will not shoot"? Do you mean that they won't feed from the magazine to the chamber? Or do you mean that they don't give you accurate groups?

Without knowing a little more about the specific problem, it's hard to offer an opinion.

Oh well, I will anyway. I'm guessing you mean they won't feed reliably. I'd guess that your OAL is too long for that bullet. 185's sometimes feed better at 1.220-1.230"

Tell us more about the problem. :)

Rod.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, they function fine, they just are not as accurate as 200's. Like I said, I got a great deal on these and want to enjoy range time. maybe this gun just will not shoot 185 lswc's, i don't know. I have clays, w231, bullseye, vvn320, 700x on hand.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Your poor accuracy may be caused by pushing them too fast.

My experience with this style/weight bullet is to keep them below 850 fps to get good accuracy. I used to load mine with 5.1gr of Winchester 231 to get 810 fps and it would give good accuracy out to 25 yards with very little recoil. I did have to use 14 lb. recoil spring in the Colt Government model for reliable ejection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts