1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently handed down an 1895 Chilean Mauser, mader in Berlin, Germany.
Its is in really nice shape, the bore is excellent and it's a 7mm (so I can get ammo easily).

The stock is pretty neat with the tiger stripe look (images below).

Is it worth keeping? or should I try to sell it at the next big gun show?

Thanks

Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take a few more shots on the carpet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a sucker for old mausers so i'd keep it, but worth wise it looks like its missing alot of the finish. Could be the pictures though. Also does it still have the crest on it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice crest. Everything is nice.....except the finish. It's also a calvary model. I thought it was stainless steel. Est?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chilean Mausers were fairly common on the surplus market a couple years ago for under $200. i haven't looked for them lately but i doubt it's collectible or anything. as for a shooter, any mauser is great and it should be smooth and accurate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the finish is that bad you're not gonna get much for it. Near excellent condition goes for around $350 were I am so one in that condition isn't going to bring in much. I dont know how you feel about calling it a stainless calvary carbine but that might persuede someone into buying it. If i were you i'd keep it. The wood is beautiful and carbines usually become collectors eventually.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
You have an 1895 Chilean carbine in its orginal 7mm mauser. This one missed being changed over to 308. Its tiger striped / fiddle back wood grain is awesome and would bring a high price on the surplus market. The longer barreled chileans are hitting $295 now and i would say yours would be between $295 to possibly $375 if it looks that purdy or even more purdy in person.:rock:

I think the german manufactured south american mausers were the best quality mausers to come out of germany.

On the other hand if it was handed down to you i'd keep it, it has your family history behind it. Go to www.allans-armory.com and look at his longer barreled chilean mausers. Now if you want to sell it email me.

For more info go to; www.carbinesforcollectors.com/ Lots of info and reading so pop a cold one and enjoy. If you need more info just ask.

I have a safe full of the 7mm chilean mausers and i won't part with any of them. With the swedish 6,5mm mausers climbing to $400 to $500 now for the excellent condition ones the chilean 7mm mausers won't be far behind soon. I predict the prices on all the surplus military guns will soar in the next decade. Lets face it there not making anymore new ones like these. CZY

BTW; With that tiger striped/ fiddle back awesome finish i would rate it almost excellent condition without seeing it in person. Wipe it down and make sure its kept in that condition and shoot it and enjoy it. The mid bores have the power equal to the 308win/30-06/7,62x54r with no recoil. You can shoot these all day long.

Collecting these can be habit forming too. I would suggest getting your C&RFFL03 collectors license for $30 for 3 years and get a swede mauser too besides a longer barreled 7mm.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1895 Mauser Chileno

1911Crazy.....

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is a very nice looking rifle. But I will be looking to sell it at the next big gun show in my area. If I can get close to $400 for it, I would jump on it. It being an original Calvary Carbine, all matching #s and the stock color, may help me get close to that.

I like modern firearms too much.

But it is pretty neat.

Thanks again.

Anthony

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I would list it on www.gunboards.com in there trader section. I'm sure one of the mauser guru's would grab it quick. Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts