1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that Colt is reproducing some 1903's. Anyone have one of these or know anything about them?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Pray tell, where does one go to obtain such an animal?

Over on the Colt Forum, Eight is the forum member that would stay in the know on locating and discussing opinions about the new outsourced Colt 1903.

I forget the name, but they posted about there being only 1 distributor at the time of the post.. Still hard to get and street priced for the hard core collector that has to have one at this moment.

·
Administrator
73,054 Posts
There are some good pictures over there posted by Ei8ht in his thread, but sadly if you had high expectations expect them to be shattered. They look really rough on the outside, with heavy machining marks, and when he swapped the components like the barrel and slide with an original they wouldn't fit. To add insult to injury the magazines appear to be sourced from Triple-Krap, and not new tooling.

·
Registered
925 Posts
There are some good pictures over there posted by Ei8ht in his thread, but sadly if you had high expectations expect them to be shattered. They look really rough on the outside, with heavy machining marks, and when he swapped the components like the barrel and slide with an original they wouldn't fit. To add insult to injury the magazines appear to be sourced from Triple-Krap, and not new tooling.
-- Wow! I can handle some rough finishing (hell, I buy Rugers sometimes!) but non-interchangeability of parts with the old guns is the most bone-headed deal breaker I can imagine. What were they thinking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts