1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Gregg and got a bit of an issue.*
I currently have a sig ultra carry, 2 Springfields, and my newest addition which is a Browning .22
I can easily strip my sig or springer and have no issues reassembling.. Not the same story with the browning. I ran 500 rnds outta it and figured it'd be time for a good cleaning, well after assembling and disassembling numerous times I can't get the hammer to cock or hold any position. The hell am I doing wrong? I'd hate to bag a gun to the gun store.
Thanks for any help!*

·
Registered
451 Posts
As a point of clarification for anyone else who might be interested in helping, the parts in the frame of the 1911-22 Browning are identical to a full size 1911, albiet smaller. Even though Fox is having this issue with the 1911-22, it would be the same technicalities as a full size gun, for these parts.

Fox, it might be helpful to explain in a little more detail. Are you saying the hammer is loose in that it will move, but not hold on the sear in full cock? I would assume it is moving as you would need to have it to the rear to reassemble. If you did not disassemble the mainspring assembly, and you have confirmed it is not binding, the likley place to look is the 3-leaf spring to make sure it is seated properly against the back of the parts on the high side (sear and trigger). When I do mine, I seat the lower end of the leaf spring in the small notch, carefully rotate it forward so to rest it properly on the sear, then slide the mainspring assembly partially up to hold it tight. Then I assemble the rest.

Craig

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Did you do more than a field strip? Did you pull trigger with slide off and trigger cocked?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.