1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be willing to provide for me detailed photos and dimensions of a 22lr 1911 conversion kit? I want to make a few but can not source one to reverse engineer. Perhaps in exchange for your time I could also make you one. Thanks!

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
I doubt I could produce adequate machinists drawings but if you were in town, you could take your own measurements and pictures, I have Colt and Nelson.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Would anyone be willing to provide for me detailed photos and dimensions of a 22lr 1911 conversion kit? I want to make a few but can not source one to reverse engineer. Perhaps in exchange for your time I could also make you one. Thanks!
Wow, that's pretty bold statement. As this is your first post here, can you enlighten the crew as to exactly what would qualify you for a complicated machine/reverse engineering job such as this?

You may be a long time certified machinist, but we don't know you from Adam, so if you are serious about this project, some background information may be helpful prior to someone taking the time to produce drawings or send you a sample for reverse engineering. You may be totally legit, but we've had some real clowns come on here with wild claims, so if you're serious, you'll need some "cred" to get started.

Welcome to the forum, what can you tell us?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Welcome to 1911forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late
I doubt I could produce adequate machinists drawings but if you were in town, you could take your own measurements and pictures, I have Colt and Nelson.
Sorry for the late response. It would be a big help if you could just send me some photos! Like of the barrel, breech, slide, extractor. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts