1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a decent one? I want one close to weight as well as ergonomics of the real thing. Also what should a person need to pay for something like this?

Thx
Rick

·
Registered
12,387 Posts
There are good uses and places for every tool, including Airsoft guns. I only wish to add that a person should be careful, which I'm sure will be the case here, with who has access to close replica guns ... too many kids and cops have had unfortunate incidents linked to replica guns.

No offense or disagreement at all to the subject of the thread. Just saying "be safe" with any young people who might have access

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tokyo Marui makes the closest replicas that I've seen. And they're known to be quality and reliable. Cost between $150-$200

They are made of plastic but have weights in the magazine and grips to add a more realistic feel.
Mine weighs about the same as a Glock 17

My WWII Colt 1911a1 replica from them also looks more like any WWII 1911 than any gi gun produced today by actual gun manufacturers.

·
Administrator
73,088 Posts
Tokyo Marui makes the closest replicas that I've seen. And they're known to be quality and reliable. Cost between $150-$200

They are made of plastic but have weights in the magazine and grips to add a more realistic feel.
Mine weighs about the same as a Glock 17

My WWII Colt 1911a1 replica from them also looks more like any WWII 1911 than any gi gun produced today by actual gun manufacturers.
Here's a Tokyo Marui along with two of the real deal:

·
Administrator
73,088 Posts
The fact that you're not sure says something, especially when the mainstream news media and various political groups expect cops to be able to tell in a flash. Yes, it's the middle one. The other two are actual 1943-vintage M1911A1s.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Wife and i had a discussion about that when the ohio kid got shot pointing guns at people. She refused to concede he needed to die so I went downstairs and took this picture. I'll admit i cheated and put a surefire on the airsoft for appearance sake...

She's shot both, she was there when I got the colt after years of waiting.... she picked the wrong one which ended that debate. I've used the same picture with multiple other people.

As for yours, I still can't place what it is, something just looks.... off?

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you are looking for a decent airsoft gun without paying too much, check out the KJW guns. They are basically a Tokyo Marui clone, but, slightly cheaper and made out of metal (I'm pretty sure it's a zinc alloy). Since it is a TM clone, there is a lot of aftermarket and replacement parts available for them.
Roughly about $120 to $150, depending on model.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a KWA that I use for training. It's worked well for me for the last few years. I think I spent about $175 on the pistol plus about $35 or so each for the extra mags. The weight is a little off. It probably weighs about the same loaded as a proper steel pistol weighs empty. The ergonomics are damn near identical to the Les Baer I use for IDPA, but the controls require slightly less effort.

As a bonus, it's just loud enough for my shot timer to pick it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts