1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on Graybeard and they gave me this site, so here goes. My brother has a 1917 Navy model 1911 in real nice shape. Must be very good to excellent condition. What's a ball-park value? Also a Remington-Rand 1911 A1 my father carried as a radio operator on a B17 crew during WWII. This pistol is near unfired condition and real straight. Would like to know what the values are for these two guns as my brother saw a 1917 listed on Gunsamerica.com for what seemed an awful high price.

Thanks for any help.

Cougarjack

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
1911 and 1911A1

Serial numbers would help as I don't believe any 1911's were shipped to the Navy in 1917. There were several USMC shipments, but they would have been marked MODEL OF 1911 U.S. ARMY.
There are three distinct variations of the Remington Rand, and the value would depend on which variation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More info on that Navy Colt

I got some more information on that Colt. On the right side of the slide it is labeled: "Model of 1911 U.S. Navy." The serial number is 12582. It has some bluing wear but is real straight otherwise. Good function and accuracy. Any more estimates on value of this firearm? Appreciate your help.

Cougarjack:biglaugh: :p :biglaugh:

·
Administrator
74,689 Posts
The serial number you just gave indicates a US Navy Colt made in 1912. If it's in excellent shape it's worth quite a bit. However I usually don't follow prices for the high-end guns, partly because they're out of my league and partly because they bring whatever an individual collector is willing to give up for one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts