1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the way it looks for those pistols. Just not what I'm looking for. Here's an example of one idea. View attachment 622610
Any update? The 1911 I have on order, I’m wanting to do something like this.
I really like the Negrini stuff. (The internals of their cases) Have you hit them up about blank inserts, etc? Im sure one of these companies or people that does this for a living will help you, especially since it’s your father making it for you. Please keep us updated. Even with the Negrini… I think you have to trace your gun out, then cut it out if buying from their website. I assume the ones you’d buy from NHC already come in a government, commander, etc layout already.

when I do decide on one and buy it, I’ll leave it up to my wife to do this. She has an entire craft room and she’s damn good at things like this. She’ll practice on something first. I’d think you’d almost have to have a spray on adhesive on the foam then install the felt. How to make that felt look flawless??? I have no idea on that.

One last question. What kind of wood is your father using to build it? I might tell my father in law that’s what I want for Christmas. Hand made 1911 box.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the way it looks for those pistols. Just not what I'm looking for. Here's an example of one idea. View attachment 622610

I found this online. Might check them out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts