1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked before but i just recently acquired a SW PC E series with the bobtail. What are some available sight options that can be installed without any milling of the slide. My preferred sight options are a blacked out serated rear with a bright tritium front? Open to any suggestions

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm confused? The S&W SC E series comes with tritium sites already, the PCSC does not. Maybe you have a PCSC with E series grips? Post a picture of your gun please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the harrison custom rear sight that i want to do. Having a hard time narrowing down which front sight to use and what height?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That's what I thought. That's not an "E" series by the way.
That's the 1911PCSC (Performance Center Scandium Carry) which is in fact built in the S&W Performance Center and why it came without night sights is a mystery to everyone?
The "E" Series is the 1911SC (Scandium Carry) and is not built in the Performance Center, that's why it's around $100.00 dollars cheaper, but it came with Tritium night sights, no one can figure that out either for $100 dollars cheaper?
With the exception of the Briley Bushing, Night Sights, being built in the PC, Grips and Lightening Cuts, they're the same gun.
Here's mine/what the "E" Series looks like (the E stands for Enhanced, fwiw)
Yours's is on my bucket list when I find a good deal on one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
You say XS Large is not preferred. How about XS Standard? That is what I have on mine and it’s my favorite front sight for a carry pistol.

This rear Heinie sight was modified to have a hook (best $ I ever spent on a rear sight, works awesome and looks great)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You say XS Large is not preferred. How about XS Standard? That is what I have on mine and it’s my favorite front sight for a carry pistol.

This rear Heinie sight was modified to have a hook (best $ I ever spent on a rear sight, works awesome and looks great)
These have to be my favorite "factory" pistol ever made, they come with so many upgrades you'd normally pay through the nose for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts