1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I am shooting my Springfield loaded to the left. Wicked tight groups but ..to the left. From a bench my sights are dead on. I don't believe I am fingering the trigger to much. My fundamentals are pretty solid. My question is. Can it be the grip thickness? I have pretty large hands and I have heard that maybe thicker grips may help. What say you 1911 Gods!

·
Registered
586 Posts
More than likely it will not help at all. Grips will just make the pistol feel a little thicker in the hand. I would be willing to bet it's one of two things: your sights are slightly off; or you're right handed and you are pushing the shots to the left when you pull the trigger (which is very common.)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Agree with above. If the gun is on from a vise, or rest, then left hits for a right hander is some kind of recoil anticipation.

We all have or have had this issue...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just a loose nut between the seat and the steering wheel - tighten it up and it'll be fixed, bigger grips can wait..... :)

·
Banned
608 Posts
Are you right handed? Shots to the left indicate too little trigger finger. I used to shoot great groups but the right side of my targets were pristine. I swapped to a short trigger and now I punch center.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts