1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the chance to shoot a Colt 1911 in 10mm this weekend. Owner was using it to ding steel plates at 100 yards. Said the trajectory was damn near flat out to 100 yards. I really liked and was impressed with this pistol. Any manufacturers still making a quality 10mm 1911? Any other members a fan of this round? Wasn't Smith & Wesson originally a big supporter of this round. Any chance of their offering the SW1911 in 10mm?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Delta Elite

... that's waht I have. I had a Springfield Armory, but I had too much trouble with it. I don't know of anyone still making the 1911-style 10mm, but there are plenty of used ones in good condition out there...... As for ammo, I stuff my own. As for the trajectory.... 155 gr Speer TMJ over 13 gr. of AA7 get you 1320 fps at the muzzel. If you zero the gun at 50 yards - the bullet drops over 6" at 100 yards. Your shots will "bottom out' on a 6" target at about 80 yards -- this from RCBS_Load. To hit the 100 yard gong at my local range I aim high about 1/2 the height of the gong - it's apx 13".

·
Registered
352 Posts
Flat trajectory? I thought the .45 had a flat trajectory. Last saturday, I was at a 100 yard tin can range to continue breaking in my 700PSS. while waiting for the Sweet's to work its magic, I used my LB TRS to hit bottles at 100 yards. Covering the target with my front sight, I could hit in and around them. never came short. Dunno how much KE the bullet had out at 100, but I found a few, some of them not deformed from hitting the berm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kimber is also currently offering a 10mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the SW1911 for a few months and love it. Would very much like to see Smith & Wesson come with a 10mm version. Can't buy Kimber or Dan Wesson here in Mass.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Langenator,

Took a quick look at the Kimber site and couldn't find 10mm model. You're not thinking of the Kimber 10, which is chambered in .45, the "ten" referring to the number of bullets it holds, not its caliber.

Unfortunately, as a Mass resident, its all academic for me anyway. Kimber's 1911's are not Mass. compliant.

·
Registered
581 Posts
10mm

Picked up my new Kimber TGT 2 sat went to the range sun, put 250 rds tru it SWEET! Avery nice pistol, i was grouping about 3-4 in while my son was blasting the shoot n see 2in dots, of course he outshot me! Have to get my eyes checked. a nice addition to my razorback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts