1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the general sediments about a 9mm 1911. I have only fired a couple rounds from one and it seemed like a fun gun. I shot a springfield but have an oportunity to buy a colt government series 70. Just askin around before I plunk the cash. Asking price 525 plus shipping
Thanx

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well the general "sentiments" about a 9mm 1911 are probably gonna be all positive. The heavy 1911 really tames the 9mm recoil down quite nicely. I'd say go ahead and get one. These are just some of my sediments:)

·
Registered
378 Posts
From what I've read on this board a 9mm 1911 tends to be more finicky about ammo/mags/springs than 45's. It makes sense to me, if you look at all other companies 9's and compare them to their 45's the 9's are smaller guns. The 9mm 1911 is the same size as the 45 version.

On the other hand, when I was talking to Allan Yoast at a gunshow about who does the best trigger jobs on BHP's he asked me why I wanted one done. My answer was that I was used to 1911 triggers and I wanted to get my BHP trigger to feel as good as my 1911's. His advice was to sell the BHP and buy a 9mm 1911.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have 4, 9mm Colts 4.25" & 5" NIB; and additional 4.25" & 5" to shoot. I've never had a bit of problem with either one, or the Colt mags. All of mine are 70 series productions with no FPS.

Both shoot great. I wanted to convert the CC to 9x23 but couldn't find any one who would do it without a year or more for the project. When you get to my age, you don't even look at green bananas much less waite that long.

Get one you will love it.

Hardball1911

·
Registered
41 Posts
9MM 1911

I have an older series 70 Springfield Armory 9MM slide and barrel that started life as a conversion unit for a .45ACP. After years of swapping ejectors back and forth, I decided to buy a frame and build a complete 9MM...glad I did. After thousands of rounds, no problems. I use only metalform mags (with the spacer at the back of the mag) and again absolutely NO problems. As mentioned above, the 1911 frame tames the 9MM's recoil making it a pleasure to shoot.

Go for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts