1911Forum banner

1911 mags for 38 super

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mmay1 
#1 ·
Hello all:
Looking for a few mags in 38 Super.
What do you guys think of Metalform mags?

#2 ·
#4 ·
I don`t have any MetalForm in 38 Super, but I have a few in 9mm and many in .45, and all are good quality. My 38 Super mags are mostly Mec-Gar and a couple of Colt factory mags.

#5 ·
Your Colt "factory" mags may very well be Metalforms. Now that I think about it, the two Colt marked mags that came with my Super are Metalforms (small "M" stamped in the corner of the baseplate). All work perfectly!

#7 ·
I`ll have to check that out. I don`t recall seeing the stamp. But i`ll check this weekend...It`s in the safe in the basement, I don`t feel well, and I have to be out early tomorrow for an out of town meeting.

#8 ·
I have 1 Colt factory mag, 2 MecGar mags and 4 MetalForm mags for my 38 Super, an older series 70 model. All 7 mags work well enough but I prefer the MetalForm mags with the round followers. The Shooting Star style followers bother me, in that rounds can nose dive and the point of the follower could contact the frame's feed ramp. I am going to replace the followers in the other 3 with Tripp followers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.