1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked into one piece 1911 magwell (I won't buy a 2 piece) for a build and was shocked to see asking prices from $150 and up! STRIPPED, WOW! Not me.

I stumbled on the aluminum Archangel grips / magwell combo and for about 1/4 the price of a one piece magwell I figured, why not!!! An added bonus is they're made of aluminum which I really like.

The checkering is mild and not abrasive, and the color is Meh, but the color is not a biggie. My CC gun isn't seen and my range guns don't need to impress other shooters. I like that the right grip is pre-cut / relieved for the right side ambi safety lever. For ~40 buckazoids it's the best deal I've had in 1911 doo dad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you're looking for cheap, check out the Wilson E-Z loader magwell..............

TR

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
2,991 Posts
I have a SC one piece mainspring housing and mw on my Kimber Pro CDP and really like it. Fits perfectly, rounds the butt profile and the checkering is sharp and well defined. A vast improvement over stock. Get one and install it, you won't be sorry Buy once and cry once!!!

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Remember, as I often say: "It is better to look good, than to shoot good!" And, to look good, you have to go with the Haute couture of firearms accessories. The more you spend, the more you can impress - not with your shooting, of course, but with the look, the glam, the 'schnizzle'!!!

You want your handgun to scream this........

Hair Head Entertainment Performing arts Fashion design

And to do so, you must invest accordingly!!!!

Signed,
havanajim..... style influencer to top non-shooters world-wide!!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
No just, no.
Mind if I ask why? I have one on a lightly modded SA Mil Spec that I sometimes carry as a duty gun. It will shoot 2 in groups at 25 yds with HSTs and is 100% reliable. Yes it has the Wilson EZ Loader and Pachmayr grips, along with a tritium front sight and King's hardballer rear.

Back to the OP's post. Smith & Alexander one piece magwells are $80 and do the job. Yes the checkering is not as crisp and it does take some work to get a good fit but it is half the price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts