1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot the new 9mm 1911 from SnW the other day and it was a real joy to shoot. That and the savings in ammo got me thinking...

Off the top of my head, SnW, Wilson, and STI? Can I get a list?

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Check out the Dan Wesson PM9? Really nice looking and Great Shooter.

Clyde

·
Registered
523 Posts
Para, Springfield, Baer, and.....Dan Wesson in very limited quantities of which I have one.:)

I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Para, Springfield, Baer, and.....Dan Wesson in very limited quantities of which I have one.:)

I'm sure there are others.
A whole new world of 1911s I never looked into! I'm a .45 ACP kinda guy, but ammo prices being what they are, and other factors, has made consider owning one in 9mm. I only got 100rnds through the SnW I borrowed, but it did function perfectly. Does the 9mm and 1911 platform generally play nice together?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I have a Springfield GI in 9mm. Nice gun and cheap to shoot.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Friend of mine shoots IDPA and steel plate matches with a Dan Wesson pointman 9. He claims he has never had a ftf 30,000 + rounds been through 2 barrels.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Is it stock or customized to make it chambered in 9 mm?
It was built as a "kit" back in the late 80's when you could buy "build your own gun" parts from SA (according to SA). I bought it from the second owner. It is simply a bone-stock GI model, only chambered in 1911. It's a loosey-goosey rattle-trap gun and it works just fine. I use it for training but have seriously considered sending it back to SA's custom shop for a full-house 9x23, 38 Super, 9mm carry gun. We'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts